Anybody collect old/unusual things?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

Non cycling related..........

I love vintage things, such as audio kit, household appliances, slide/film projectors, old heaters, vacuum cleaners etc etc etc

Also since I learnt to walk I have collected old and vintage christmas lights (yes, there are a few of us that I know of!!), always loved them and now have about £20K worth:eek:

So, what else do we collect guys?

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Pottery and Ceramics.

I have been collecting them for years and have just unearthed several boxes of them in my parents attic that i had forgotten about. I am never interested in their monetary value, if i like it, i buy it and it gets displayed at home or given as a gift. It's mainly studio pottery pots and jugs from all over the world but i have quite a collection of a local pottery in Sussex.

I have always agreed with William Morris “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”

snorri

Legendary Member
Firewood, cant resist picking up driftwood in the form of tree branches or just bits of wood from building operations etc.
I don't even live in a house with a chimney, but saw it up into manageable pieces for my neighbour, or friends if I think she already has enough:smile:.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
i haven't added to the collections for a while, but mincers and soda syphons are a common sight in my flat.
I also have lots of Hornsea Pottery's Contrast tableware... and i can't resist buying 12" vinyl if it has a really bad cover

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Your pottery is quite popular on EBay.
It's also very expensive in the local antiques centre, which is in the very same building that every piece of Contrast was made.

edit... and i've just spent the last ten minutes going throu Ebay and adding to the collection; soup bowls, 8" side plates and a vinegar/oil jar :biggrin:

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Old 17th & 18th century books. Also older Rado Swiss watches. Original paintings as well. But all of these are my 'alternative' retirement fund.

Oh, and bikes :okay:

Katherine

Guru
Not things, but I collect homophones and write them in an old school exercise book. :whistle:
..... And don't do what the family do, which is suggest a word that they think I don't already have and get all surprised when I show it to them.

Top Bottom