Anybody collect old/unusual things?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 4299781, member: 9609"]I collect roads I have cycled on and catalogue them by season, month, day etc
Keep them all on a digital map - see sig line.

Don't think I have collected anything physical in my entire life, as a child it was train numbers, then it has been birds I have seen, hills I have climbed and now, as per above roads I have cycled - strange really.[/QUOTE]
All the lads were keen trainspotters when i was a kid, then someone had the bright idea of collecting car registration plate numbers(?) instead... that briefly progressed on to collecting the numbers on lamp posts :wacko:

Also since I learnt to walk I have collected old and vintage christmas lights (yes, there are a few of us that I know of!!), always loved them and now have about £20K worth:eek:
I'd quite like to see pics of them (not joking), as I used to love Christmas lights but now find them a bit gash tbh. The stuff in 70s was way cool.

If you want to sell them.............................
Bugger that, it's my new hobby :laugh:

My "collection" is 70s football stickers and cards - not that many to be honest but I like them.

I met a distant relative a few months ago and he was saying he collected Airfix kits. He never builds them, just buys the kits. He has 2 rooms in his house and a purpose built outside unit (I'd call it a garage but he insisted it would have been cheaper to build 5 garages for the price he paid for it!) to store them. It was fascinating listening to him and his enthusiasm was a joy to behold.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Bugger that, it's my new hobby :laugh:

My "collection" is 70s football stickers and cards - not that many to be honest but I like them.

I met a distant relative a few months ago and he was saying he collected Airfix kits. He never builds them, just buys the kits. He has 2 rooms in his house and a purpose built outside unit (I'd call it a garage but he insisted it would have been cheaper to build 5 garages for the price he paid for it!) to store them. It was fascinating listening to him and his enthusiasm was a joy to behold.
Great! He sounds the same breed as me :okay::okay:

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Vintage valve radios. I particularly love 'woodies' but some bakelite is cool too. I have a few awaiting restoration, one of these days I'll get round to all of them... The main current project is a lovely 1936 Marconi radiogram. Nice as a piece of furniture, needs a bit of work on the (incomplete) electronics.

Levo-Lon

Guru
My wife collect's piggins ,jugs...books,small plates...and other things..
i hate clutter and old crap that has no use in day to day life..Not that it causes any arguments :banghead:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I used to collect 60's Corgi Toys cars, all the ones I had as a child plus the ones I always wanted but never got. Then I started collecting Corgi Toys Jaguars, I had 100's of toy cars and trucks all in display cases most of them mint and boxed.

Then one day for no reason I put them all on eBay and sold the lot. I think I got fed up of looking at them.

I used to collect snare drums too. Got rid of them also.

Don't collect anything now.

Venod

Eh up
I seem to have a collection of old digital cameras and mobile phones, not intentional just not got round to parting with them, but I think people collect these now so may hang on to them.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
[QUOTE 4299955, member: 45"]Bogies[/QUOTE]
There's only one.
humphrey-bogart-03.jpg

Top Bottom