Anyone have updates on this New Cross incident?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whiskey88

I did see this today, not sure if it's the same incident or not, but it was on the same day and same place: https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/statuses/380369032588709888

We are appealing for witnesses to a collision between a vehicle & a pedestrian outside New Cross Stn on 15/9 at 21:05hrs. Call 0208 285 1574

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Two on the same day, in more or less the same place & time.
I know. It might be the same incident but one said cyclist and the other said pedestrian, one said NX Gate, the other NX. One had an eye witness account, the other a police report.

And there's plenty of places between the two where collisions can occur - that's where Traffic flow London (TfL) copped out of building a cyclesuperhighway because they couldn't (wouldn't....) make it safe....

classic33

Leg End Member
You can tell I'm not from down there. But two incidents, that close together, including timewise, makes it all the more important that something be done.
Don't want to be going through what the families are going through.

Whiskey88

It's a fair point @classic33 - that the more incidents there are, the more work should be done to improve safety. However, even in just the week that I've been living in London so far, I've noticed that this isn't the viewpoint taken by the powers that be. I've noticed that cop-outs tend to be the only solutions they even bother considering, such as unsegregated "shared-use" footpaths.

The only true positive I've noticed so far is in Stratford, between the southern end of the Olympic site and Stratford town centre, where a full lane in each direction of a 3-lane each-way road (the A118) is being turned into a segregated cycle route, complete with raised-kerb. If only more major roads had those facilities.

Top Bottom