Anyone selling a cheap house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As the family is due to expand early next year and our oldest will be starting school a year from now we have now decided that we have to move house. It is done with heavy heart as we love where we stay, but when we look at schooling and space we really feel we need to take the plunge. :wacko:

So we are getting the photos done on Thursday and the home report done on Friday. I'm about to head home to do some minor repairs and decluttering (and there is a lot of clutter). Money will be tight, but it has to be done.

Oh the joys of moving house! :sad:

So does anyone have a cheap house they'd like to sell me in the Glasgow area with good schools and plenty of space (or the possibility of extension?).

Oh and most importantly.... it must be a nice commute to work and it must be close to some nice weekend rides! ;)

ChrisKH

Guru
Well I suppose if you don't ask you don't get! Good luck with the move magnatom.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I'm not really asking seriously! Although if someone wants to have the honour of selling to the great Magnatom....;):wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I don't envy you.....we've never moved in the 14 years we've had the house. Although we have three bedrooms and only just enough space.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Why move? Have you considered having a loft conversion done? Our neighbours have just added a fantastic loft room to their Edwardian semi, which has quite a shallow roof pitch. It was done by building a new, lower ceiling inside the upstairs rooms to give about 12" of extra space, then removing the old ceiling and loft floor. Since the Edwardian rooms have a high ceiling it worked fine and in fact the rooms actually look bigger now due to the changed proportions! They have gained masses of space and enhanced an already nice house.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
RR talks sense... if you can extend rather than move its is a much better Idea.

I have a 3 bed Apartment in The Sovereign Harbour in Eastbourne you could rent for 1k a month, if you like it you can have it for 275k... bit of a commute to Glasgow though.

lazyfatgit

You could move out to Wishy!. Cheap, choice of Primary schools, and a nice round 40mile commute. And your never more than a mile or two from coos.Oh and M'well's got a bustling jobcentre plus, with a canopy to keep you dry while you tan yer Bucky.

postman

Legendary Member
Think about a loft job.We had one done just after i retired.
Brilliant one massive bedroom and a seperate toilet, basin and shower cubicle.

And a new staircase with a landing space.
It's superb.

Mr Pig

My brother-in-law (wife's brother) is selling a house in Newton Mearns LINK It's a very quiet cul-de-sac and you're just around the corner from countryside, take a look at the map.

Don't know what the price is, you'd have to call the estate agent, but I do know the house is in first class order.

Echo the other replies about looking at loft conversion/extensions. Having moved 3 times in the last few years and now living in half renovated house, let me tell you, the stress is real.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Wigsie said:
I have a 3 bed Apartment in The Sovereign Harbour in Eastbourne you could rent for 1k a month, if you like it you can have it for 275k... bit of a commute to Glasgow though.
You used to look out on our boat, then, which was moored at Sovereign Harbour up till May last year. Nice place for a boat.

colly

Re member eR
I know someone who has a nice small house in the country and it is going for zero rent. I kid you not.

colly

Re member eR
Hi Colin.

It's about 5 or 6 miles from Harrogate and the place is attached to a large country house occupied by and old lady in her 80's? maybe 90's?....hard to tell.

I think the catch is that she is kind of used to having people at her beck and call and servants etc. She has had two lady tenants
and both have lasted only a short while so I think what she is really after is a kind of gofer of sorts. Although she would say differently.

colly said:
Hi Colin.

It's about 5 or 6 miles from Harrogate and the place is attached to a large country house occupied by and old lady in her 80's? maybe 90's?....hard to tell.

I think the catch is that she is kind of used to having people at her beck and call and servants etc. She has had two lady tenants
and both have lasted only a short while so I think what she is really after is a kind of gofer of sorts. Although she would say differently.

Giving up all your waking hours to be at someone elses beck and call sounds like a very good deal on her part don't you think....

Top Bottom