Anzac's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
So it's acceptable to joke about the Australian & New Zealand soldiers who gave their life so you have the freedom to lecture me? It was inappropriate & totally unrequired on this type of post.

I was joking about them specifically?

You know what, it probably was a bit off, but no real harm was done, I had had a bit too much wine last night but at the same time, who are you to tell us what we can and cannot say?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

I was joking about them specifically?

You know what, it probably was a bit off, but no real harm was done, I had had a bit too much wine last night but at the same time, who are you to tell us what we can and cannot say?
At no point have I said what you can & cannot say/type, all I have said is in my mind what was said was inappropriate, had this been a post on cycle helmets, or dogs running around without leads then picking up on somebody's spelling errors is all well & good, I just felt it was wrong. I wasn't after causing offense so I will apologise if any of you took it.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
At no point have I said what you can & cannot say/type, all I have said is in my mind what was said was inappropriate, had this been a post on cycle helmets, or dogs running around without leads then picking up on somebody's spelling errors is all well & good, I just felt it was wrong. I wasn't after causing offense so I will apologise if any of you took it.

Likewise:okay:

Levo-Lon

Guru
No but 2 of my great uncles who never saw their 21st birthday were & your point is?

same here..but WE weren't..

but as were talking ill tell you of a time as a young man on a coach to Blackpool with a groupe of servicemen and polish people mostely my age mid 20's at the time so 86 ish we were all getting drunk and telling foul jokes as pissed people do..
i told a Bernard Manning jewish Hitler joke "not funny now and probably not then"
An old guy 3 seats down turned and pointed at me and said No...
i then noticed the line of numbers running up his arm...
i apologised to the man and felt really ashamed of myself..
he smiled and said its ok you weren't there son..let's hope you never are..

Milkfloat

An Peanut
So it's acceptable to joke about the Australian & New Zealand soldiers who gave their life so you have the freedom to lecture me? It was inappropriate & totally unrequired on this type of post.

I fail to see where anyone joked about them at all. All I see is someone picking up on some Grammar and adding a touching thought about the sacrifice made by others.

gbb

Legendary Member
My grandfather fought there too. I didnt realise until i asked where the brass shell head with what i thought was arabic inscription came from.
Apparently grandad found it in the sand in the beach. He told my dad how he remembered the horses being unloaded from the lighters by crane while
gunfire was all around, the sight of the horses way above his head was something that he always remembered.
He was also gassed in France at some stage.
I always thought, and perhaps i'm underestimating people of that times worldly experience, that being confronted by travel to another country, the mechanisation of war, the butchery, it must have been a world away from what many of them had ever experienced in their lives thus far, many of whom had perhaps only ever experienced a quiet county life.

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
No war is good , but WW1 has to be one of the worst , as said in the above post , those lads didnt have a clue what was coming their way , no matter where they fought ,my Grandad was in the trenches , The Manchesters , he ended up a POW , one of the lucky ones ,

OP
OP
ozboz

ozboz

Guru
image.png
image.png

This Lad was the Last ANZAC ,
He died in 2002 , aged 103 ,
I remember him being interviewed on the telly , he was humbled to be the last ,

D

Deleted member 26715

A bit rich from someone who only appears on part of the forum to snipe at other people...
Sorry god I forgot no one is allowed to have a different view to you I tug my forelock & plead with you to humbly accept my apology as I grovel at your feet O wise one.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Sorry god I forgot no one is allowed to have a different view to you I tug my forelock & plead with you to humbly accept my apology as I grovel at your feet O wise one.

Why dont you just say ok i was a bit ott and im sorry..its quite liberating actually..
we are all greatfull for the sacrifces made by our grandparents

Top Bottom