Are My Tyres Dodgy, Please Advise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

liam4503

Regular
I recently bought a pair of these from Ribble Cycles (excellent service and no fault on their part) in April this year and have only covered 250 miles with them. I'm having the same problem and have emailed Vredestein today for their opinion.

They are splitting where the black central band meets the red outer section. Don't think I'll ride on them til I get a reply. Don't fancy a dose of road rash.

I'll let you know when I get a reply.

OP
OP
Cletus Van Damme

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I recently bought a pair of these from Ribble Cycles (excellent service and no fault on their part) in April this year and have only covered 250 miles with them. I'm having the same problem and have emailed Vredestein today for their opinion.

They are splitting where the black central band meets the red outer section. Don't think I'll ride on them til I get a reply. Don't fancy a dose of road rash.

I'll let you know when I get a reply.

Thanks Liam much appreciated, would like to know how you get on :thumbsup: If it was me I would also take it up with Ribble, you might get a better response as you have hardly had them.

liam4503

Regular
I've forwarded Ribble the email so will wait on their reply also.

Shame really - they roll really well but won't get another set.

outlash

also available in orange
FWIW, I have a pair of Vredstein's on my bike and they're fine so far, they've done about 500 miles or so. Mine are the all black so they're made in one piece rather than different pieces of rubber glued together, that may be the issue? Funny you mention Vittoria Rubino's, my rear pro 3 slick lasted only 200 miles before it split.

Tony.

GrasB

Veteran
They do look worn, but what put me off buying Schwalbe Ultremo ZX's recently was someone on this site saying they only got 700 miles out of them as they were 'performance racing tyres'. Do yours fit into this bracket?
Schwalbe Ultremo are the fastest wearing road tyres I know of. I normally get about 800-1200 miles out of them before they're worn out. That said they grip & grip & grip, by far the grippiest road tyre I've ridden on

liam4503

Regular
Had this reply from Vredestein :

Thank you for buying Vredestein road tyres. We are sorry to learn that you are not completely satisfied with our tyres.

Please note that we do the utmost to produce and sell products which meet the highest quality standards. Sometimes however products are sold which have a production or material fault. As the problem with your tyre is caused by a production failure please contact your dealer and ask for a free replacement as your claim falls within the guarantee conditions of Vredestein.

Contacted Ribble who have said to return them for a full refund.

Replaced them with a set of Conti GP4000s.

Top Bottom