Are you lot going to Manchester Velodrome this weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

Whats on?

(I wasn't planning on going).

ChrisKH

Guru
RedBike said:
Sorry i've not got a clue. Care to drop a hint (or just tell me?).

Yes I am from Staffs. I replied to your email !

It involves track bikes. Not surprisingly. And the lovely Miss Pendleton and others.

dodgy

ChrisKH said:
Is there any coverage on t'telly?

Yes, 3 hours on BBC2 on Saturday afternoon and another 3 on Sunday.

Correction, it's only on on Sunday - http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsS...27&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jsp

Dave.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
andy_wrx said:
...but since last time I went for a Revolution meeting it took a couple of hours to get out of the Asda carpark and I'm up early on Sunday, I figured Friday was the night to go !...

I'd recommend parking across the road next to the Man City ground. They always seem to end up putting people in there any way once the velodrome car park gets full.

softpeadals

ChrisKH said:
Is there any coverage on t'telly?

Friday 31 October TBC
1900-2240, BBC Red Button (not available on Freeview until 2130), BBC Sport website.
1855-2230, BBC Radio 5 Live sports extra.
Saturday 1 November
1900-2230, BBC Red Button/BBC Sport website.
1910-2210, BBC Radio 5 Live sports extra. Sunday 2 November
1400-1700, BBC Two/BBC Sport website
1355-1600, BBC Radio 5 Live sports extra

Skip Madness

My papa and I are going up to Manchester on Friday, which I am very excited about. One question for fellow attendees: what is the best plan for viewing the sessions? We obviously intend to do the entire evening session, but it would be nice to see as much of the afternoon session as possible. But - it's more than five hours! Then another four hours in the evening (do they have to bother with an opening ceremony and medal ceremonies? Trim a few minutes off). Plus there is only a scheduled 50 minutes between the two sessions. Now I expect that it is scheduled to allow for example all three rounds of sprint qualifying and such which may not be fulfilled, but it is pretty heavy going. We are going from Bristol, so it is three to three-and-a-half hours drive in each direction. I actually think I would love to watch the whole lot of both sessions, but it would mean leaving for 0900, nine hours of sitting down, then driving home at 2300... well we would be knackered before we even begun the drive home (it's my dad driving too, so I would feel bad about it as I don't drive).

So, I was thinking if we were to have a lie-in and leave from Bristol at around 1130, we would probably get there for 1430-1500. That would give us, once settled, a couple of hours in the afternoon to catch at least the points race and scratch race heats, plus hopefully some men's individual pursuit qualifying and maybe some of the women's sprint quarter-finals, although that may be a bit less likely. Does anyone else have any ideas/tips for the best viewing experience? Here's the Friday schedule:

Friday Afternoon Session:
1230 - 1755

Women - Sprint - Qualifying
Men - Keirin - Heats
Women - Sprint - 1/8 Finals
Women - Ind. Pursuit - Qualifying
Men - Keirin - Repechages
Women - Sprint - 1/4 Final Race 1
Women - Sprint - Plate 1/4 Final
Women - Sprint - 1/4 Final Race 2
Women - Sprint - Plate 1/2 Final
Women - Sprint - 1/4 Final Race 3