Assaulted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
B

Black Country Ste

I had the opportunity to go on Adrian Goldberg's show for BBC WM today but was at Caters and ITV all morning then driving the van at work all afternoon.

Long day was LONG. :cuppa:

OP
OP
B

Black Country Ste

Don't know yet. It's a feature on cycling for Central News. Their man got my details from a local councillor and didn't know about my scrape. It's still being put together but they'll let me know when it's being aired.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Found out on the club ride this evening that it has been talked about on local radio. A club member was discussing it. Saying that it was appalling that he just got away without getting charged.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Found out on the club ride this evening that it has been talked about on local radio. A club member was discussing it. Saying that it was appalling that he just got away without getting charged.

It's equally appalling that self appointed cycling vigilantes are terrorising the assailant and his wife. The cycling community can't claim the moral high ground on this one.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Vernon, there isn't a cycling community.

I used the term 'cycling community' in the loosest possible way. Membership is by association.

Its not too far off to be honest. Having actually seen the video and how bad it was, I think a case could have been made for a charge (aggravating factors of the determined pursuit, disbelief of the remorse due to the initial lie in interview).

The only place Martin Porter gets it wrong, and it's something he often does, is to subtlety suggest and feed the myth that it's because of the cyclist element that the matter isn't dealt with satisfactorily. Trust me, it's just as much of a problem for those victims of assault who aren't on a bike. Feeding this myth just creates an 'us v them' situation, instead of encouraging ALL law abiding citizens, where on bike or off, to call up for more robust charging systems.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I have just read some of the newspaper reports. BCS has not given them (I presume they got it from him) the best photo. A bit too "triumphalist" :thumbsdown:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Don't know yet. It's a feature on cycling for Central News. Their man got my details from a local councillor and didn't know about my scrape. It's still being put together but they'll let me know when it's being aired.
Great way to let it all blow over ^_^

Top Bottom