At 61 am I too old to race as a pro?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm almost 62, it's almost bedtime, I've been drinking and the weather's inhospitable. Can I race tomorrow?
The weather channel says no, it might be cloudy in the States tomorrow.

OP
OP
2IT

2IT

Everything and everyone suffers in comparisons.
Age is just a state of mind, get out there and ride.

This is great support. I really like the idea of being pro. Let's not underestimate how much liking the idea of being something else means these days.

Maybe I could follow up with the Lupus Racing team where Horner is currently riding and he could give me some help.

Anything is possible if you like the idea bad enough!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
What is are your times like? Do you want to be a pro too? Maybe we could work together on this goal?

By the way, already have experience working in a bike shop if that matters. You?
I like you.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
What is the chance of rain? Don't want to ride in the rain until I'm a pro with a mechanic to clean the bike and prepare it for the next day.
Rain's not so bad, it's the wind! No problem when I'm sitting at the back but I'm always afraid of firing one off at the front.

Sharky

Guru
You are never too old to start racing and always too young to stop racing. In the UK there are lots of oldies still racing at a high level, but most of them were really good when they were young and have just not slowed down much.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
What is the chance of rain? Don't want to ride in the rain until I'm a pro with a mechanic to clean the bike and prepare it for the next day.
Peachtree City says Atlanta will have some rain overnight,
but mostly sunny, and a high of 63 to-morrow.
Winds west 5-15, with gusts to 30 mph.
Savannah will be 73,Winds from the west,
5 to 10 mph, increasing to 17 afternoon.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You seem to have the right attitude . Raving bonkers.

Here's a tip. Pick up a bike with a built in battery and if you get caught tell them its not yours but it looks just like yours and you made a mistake. Dont worry they will believe you.

Good luck in your new career choice.

Top Bottom