Bad manners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I frequently stand up to ignorance, and sometimes on behalf of someone easily intimidated. It feels good but I think I might be getting too old to get a thump from an ignorant twat. Still, who wants to live forever.

My wife has a death stare which is to be feared more than anything ever emanating from the Death Star.

It even penetrates my pachydermic defences though it's only been pointed in my direction a couple of times.

Thankfully I'm a quick healer.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Maybe try a loud, cheery, helpful approach for the next queue jumper you encounter. :smile:
Like -
" Comin throo, make way everybody, stand aside now, comin throo, there ya go madam, front of the queue".
I used to get really wound up by these types, now I just can't be bothered with them :tired:
She was quite a sly queue jumper, so I just stepped in front of her and said "excuse me, I was behind this chap" at which point she became all affronted, protested her innocence. She actually garnered some support from the chap behind me in the queue.
She actually used @vernon technique against me!

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Did the queue jumper have baggy trousers?
No, but she was wearing a high viz jacket, which seems like a poor choice of outfit if you're planning a bit of sly queue jumping.
I think she actually didn't initially queue jump on purpose, but when she realised her mistake so many people had joined the queue that she didn't want to go to the end, so she started sidling in between me and the chap in front.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
No, but she was wearing a high viz jacket, which seems like a poor choice of outfit if you're planning a bit of sly queue jumping.
I think she actually didn't initially queue jump on purpose, but when she realised her mistake so many people had joined the queue that she didn't want to go to the end, so she started sidling in between me and the chap in front.

She sounds thoroughly reasonable. Apart from the Hi-Viz.

ayceejay

Guru
Not sure whether to post this here or the rant thread.
Just back from the shops - young woman struggling to push her empty cart into the rack - I'm in a good mood ' the sun is shining so I say "Puuush!
She looks back towards her boyfriend and then did the look described above.
Isn't it rude to assume that any man who speaks to you (a young woman) wants to ....I dunno what is the suspicion?

stephec

Legendary Member
Not sure whether to post this here or the rant thread.
Just back from the shops - young woman struggling to push her empty cart into the rack - I'm in a good mood ' the sun is shining so I say "Puuush!
She looks back towards her boyfriend and then did the look described above.
Isn't it rude to assume that any man who speaks to you (a young woman) wants to ....I dunno what is the suspicion?
You should've wiped the drool from round your mouth first.

ayceejay

Guru
Now I will resist the temptation to be rude in the knowledge that participants of this particular thread are equally small minded and suggest that in a world where friendliness is considered a threat rudeness is just the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom