Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mac66

The trouble with TT bikes from an aesthetic point of view, is that they are all designed in wind tunnels. Like "euroblob" cars they will all end up looking the same as there is only one ultimate design (ignoring rider factors).

I bet manufacturers have already modelled the perfect TT and found that it is unrideable .

And I have just come up with a niche market idea for TT bike design....largely rider morphology related. Ordering a bike will be a bit like ordering coffee e.g. "I'll have a tall skinny P4 please".

Also I think that the white graphics on the P4 look like someone has done them with some Tippex and a stencil.

So in the final analysis I'd say I probably wouldn't be bitching if I could afford to own one.

roadiewill

eww, I hate the look of all tt bikes, none of them catch my eye

Kirky

mondobongo said:
It is ugly but I could live with the time it would take off my PB. It must go like stink.

Erm you still have to ride it!

Nothing will 'just take time off a PB' I am afraid. Its time normal riders realised the most important thing is the rider which is quite often the most un-aero thing involved with TT-ing!

mondobongo

Über Member
Yes I know I will have to ride it. I also know that given a couple of rides to get used to the bike I could take time off my PB with it. First off its going to be lighter than my SCR therefore me putting out the same power will see me go quicker over a 10 then there is the physchological advantage that would see you go that little bit quicker as well.

Pray do tell Kirky what is a normal rider???

Leadlegs

I have a steadily increasing distaste for the current trend of dressing up bikes like mobile advertising bill boards, with logos all over the place and large enough to be seen from the International Space Station. At least on this bike they are the same colour and don’t clash with each other, but I still think that it sucks aesthetically.

RedBike

Well I certainly wouldn't say no.

The only thing that would put me off is I know I would get embarrassed (even more) when that 60/70 yr old bloke that started 2/3mins back passes me on something that looks like it should be in a museam.

If you're riding something like that then you've got no excuses for not being quick.

yenrod

yello said:
The Cervelo P4

P4%20bike.png

OTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom