Beckham admits on national TV....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
That he is not an athlete. Shock, horror, he did it on the news last night when being interviewed about his involvement in the GB eight minutes to showcase how we are going to cock up the 2012 Olympics. It just about sums up the difference between dedicated people who train hard and dedicate there lives to sport without the vast rewards our over paid, overated so called football stars do.

yenrod

Exactly.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm guessing, but did he mean he's not am athlete that can compete at the Olypics. By any other standards he is an athlete - one of the fittest pro footballers around.

jasper

Paulus said:
It just about sums up the difference between dedicated people who train hard and dedicate there lives to sport without the vast rewards our over paid, overated so called football stars do.

As much as many people dislike Becks (more his wife), you cannot say that he isn't dedicated. He's devoted his life to the game. It isn't the player's fault that they are paid the vast sums, you aren't exactly going to say no if offered. Plus, all the other bits he does is for retirement, footballers only have a short career and so need to have something to fall back on.

buggi

Bird Saviour
you have a point tho, i wouldn't mind being paid 100,000 a week to HAVE to train for 2 hours a day and then go home and sit on my ass (o sorry, that's not taking into account the 1 or 2 matches a week i would be obliged to attend). Jeeze it's a wonder they have time to go out endorsing products, beating up the male public in clubs and roasting women. i just don't know how they fit it all in! and of course, the money comes in handy when they twist their ankle ... you just never know when you're going to be signed off work for 2 years do you???

jasper

Don't be bitter :biggrin:. Blame the system, not the man.

He a far better role model than some. The ones that are in the Sunday paper after the latest gang bangs, etc

buggi

Bird Saviour
True, i shouldn't tar him with the same brush but in general i think the behaviour of a lot of premiership footballers is disgusting and they are terrible role models for kids. it's about time the clubs got tougher and started to sack players when they misbehaved in public. They are not gods.

i must be one of the very few women who would tell a premiership footballer where to stick his wallet and his ego (and it wouldn't be any one of my orifices!)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The average footballer is a paragon of virtue compared to the far higher paid pop stars, actors and actresses. Very few footballers go off the rails, but when they do everyone in the game is tarred with the same brush.

Their crime is to be working class and earn more than the educated elite.

MessenJah

Rider
The only reason footballers are 'overpaid' is because too many people pay too much to watch football... or do anything football-related.

simoncc

Paulus said:
That he is not an athlete. Shock, horror, he did it on the news last night when being interviewed about his involvement in the GB eight minutes to showcase how we are going to cock up the 2012 Olympics. It just about sums up the difference between dedicated people who train hard and dedicate there lives to sport without the vast rewards our over paid, overated so called football stars do.

You obviously don't overrate professional footballers do you? And what's their pay got to do with you if you don't contribute towards it, as I expect you don't?

So what's your problem? Calm down.

Top Bottom