England : Kent Beer and Beach Huts Ride or Weekender July 9th/10th 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
That weekend is free. How many bikes can you get in a mini?

A real mini or a BMW MINI? If it's the latter you can get three road bikes in side with wheels off or four on the roof with cycle carriers.

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
This sounds lovely, but sadly I have a long-standing annual reunion happening that weekend :sad:.
That's a shame but let me know if you are in the ever in the area and we can meet up. I am hoping to be at the West Coast Pie meet as i am down in Somerset the previous week and could do this on the way home. If so fingers crossed @coffeejo will be navigating and interpreting for me :whistle:

Looks like it's you and i and @TheDoctor are making it from the Cambridge meet so far.

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

I may be up for this. Is this eisteddfod both days or are you offering a choice?
I have just worked out what Nettie :giggle: is trying to say.

The choice is yours, if you feel you want to stay over and test various ales in fine company then that would be lovely. The offer also extends of course to the fragrant Mrs P being that she is a seasoned cyclist and manages to put up with your jokes:laugh:. I have linked in the OP some accommodation ideas.

wanda2010

Guru
I can't join you after all. Have finally worked out how much money I need to shell out for bike rides/trips booked so far :stop: A shame really as I've not had protein drinks in a while :whistle::whistle:.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I can't join you after all. Have finally worked out how much money I need to shell out for bike rides/trips booked so far :stop: A shame really as I've not had protein drinks in a while :whistle::whistle:.
I'm planning to come on this ride and, though I haven't really decided how to do it, I might drive down (small car so the odd wheel might need to come off), park near the destination, take the train over to the start and meet the others there, returning home that evening. If I do it that way, you'd be welcome to have a lift and your only expense would be the single train fare to wherever we're going from.

I'd need a few more details about the ride before deciding how I'm going to do it, of course. Let us know whether you might be interested.

OP
OP
Hill Wimp

Hill Wimp

Looking at National Rail the High Speed from St Pancras the 09.09hrs on the day train is £13.60 each way to Canterbury West at todays predicted prices for the date.

Train journeys between Sandwich, final destination and Canterbury West is £7.90

I am meeting up with @HertzvanRental this Sunday to discuss the route so will have more details next week for you all.

Apart from the route the idea is to meet at Canterbury West station between 10-10.30 on Saturday 9th July 2016 and cycle to Sandwich or if time and the weather is good and people are willing to we can add a loop through the lanes to Deal along the seafront and on along the ancient highway and golf courses through Sandwich Bay and back to the Folk and Ale festival.

Last edited:
Top Bottom