Best Moments of 2023?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Stage 7 (I think) tour de France , When Cav looked like he'd done it and I was shouting at the telly , only to be disappointed 😞, The only moment that got me off my seat
Watching Paris Roubaix in real life what an atmosphere

Last edited:

Cathryn

Legendary Member
What were your favorite moments from the 2023 Mens Professional Road Race Season.

Any reason for limiting it to the men's season?

For the men, my favourite moment was the final miles of Milan San Remo, with MVDP, Ganna, WVA and Pog racing to the end. Four phenomenal riders, battling like gladiators. Loved it.

For the women, my favourite moment was the end of Strade Bianche. Demi Vollering racing a horse. Demi and Lotte fighting Faulkner up the via Santa Caterina, Faulkener trying to block Demi. Demi and Lotte's absolute cat fight to the finish line. The rude words, the bitter rivalry, the wait for a photo-finish result. And THEN, Faulkner being taken off the podium for wearing a glucose monitor. I was on the edge of my seat!! Absolutely loved it.

And Roubaix, for both genders. Always.

Mick Mudd

Über Member
I couldn't understand the Vuelta 2023 at all !
I mean, not only were superstars Pogacar and Roglic both on the same team which was weird enough, but they were also riding as domestiques for Kuss, which turned the race into a fiasco !
Pog and Rog should take to heart what Merckx once said- "I never enter any race without intending to win it".

Mick Mudd

Über Member
What's the latest on Cavendish?
He announced he was retiring at the end of the 2023 season, but his team bosses say they want him to carry on for at least another season.
He's currently tied with Merckx on 34 TdF stage wins, so i'd have thought he'd have jumped at the chance of riding another TdF and pocketing another stage to become the greatest TdF stage winner of all time instead of retiring to mow the lawn, help his wife with the dishes and shopping, taking the gerbil to the vets and walking the dog etc..;)

Last edited:

Mick Mudd

Über Member
My favourite post-stage interview was when Pogacar showed his excellent grasp of the English language when he was asked how he felt after a bad day and he replied with a smile- "F****d"..:smile:

Alex321

Veteran
For me, it was the first time I have watched any part of a World Tour race live, when I watched the final stage of the Tour of Britain, first passing through my home village, then later in the day at the top of Caerphilly mountain.

TomDW

I couldn't understand the Vuelta 2023 at all !
I mean, not only were superstars Pogacar and Roglic both on the same team which was weird enough, but they were also riding as domestiques for Kuss, which turned the race into a fiasco !
Pog and Rog should take to heart what Merckx once said- "I never enter any race without intending to win it".

Have you had too many Xmas sherries? Pog wasn't at the Vuelta, it was JVisma top 3 with Vingegaard.

TomDW

Too many great moments but here is my top 5:

Victor LaFay pouncing with an early sprint on TdF Stage 2.

Carlos Rodriguez seizing the moment on the summit to descend like a demon to Morzine TdF Stage 14.

Men's World Championship's in Glasgow, chaotic weather, great crowds, MVdP breaking away , crashing and then winning.

Demi Vollering ascending into the clouds & destroying the field on the Tourmalet at the Tour de Femme.

Roglič winning Stage 5 of the Volta a Catalunya to Lo Port; snatching it from Remco. Drama all the way up. I went there later in the year as the Mont Caro climb looked so amazing. Super hard but did not disappoint.

Mick Mudd

Über Member
Have you had too many Xmas sherries? Pog wasn't at the Vuelta, it was JVisma top 3 with Vingegaard.

Thanks, I don't drink; tried a few sips in my early teens but it all tasted like cat pee so i haven't touched it since except when naughty women have tried to get me drunk at office parties and i've gone along with it to be a good sport and as an experiment.
At first the earth's axis developed a pronounced tilt and i couldn't walk straight, and had a silly grin on my stupid sweaty flushed face, then I began feeling like I was wrapped up in cotton wool and my consciousness was confined to just the four walls of the room instead of extending into the far reaches of the universe like before.
Next morning i was glad to have sobered up and got my brain back..:smile:

Top Bottom