UCI World Championships 2023 (Spoliers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Vollering worthy of silver, great finish from her.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
? Only 10 riders finished and non U23, well actually U26

Commentator definitely said a group coming in contained the U23 contenders, he said a GB rider took bronze

Edit: U23 winner - "Kata Blanka Vas (Hungary) takes 11th and that's enough to win the under-23 title." (from cyclingnews website)

Slick

Guru
I caught a bit of that. Football on wheels with the wheels being the "feet", it is two a side played on a tiny pitch, with sides so the ball stays in play and a tiny ball. To be fair, they did look quite skillful.

Definitely skillful but it does beg the question, why?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I caught a bit of that. Football on wheels with the wheels being the "feet", it is two a side played on a tiny pitch, with sides so the ball stays in play and a tiny ball. To be fair, they did look quite skillful.

Just watched Germany win. Very skilful but very niche.
Now we have the cycle ballet. It’s basically circus tricks on a bike.

Mike_P

Guru
Commentator definitely said a group coming in contained the U23 contenders, he said a GB rider took bronze

Edit: U23 winner - "Kata Blanka Vas (Hungary) takes 11th and that's enough to win the under-23 title." (from cyclingnews website)

Apologies. Must have looked at Procycling Stats before it had properly recorded the result. 86 riders finished.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Quite enjoyed the championship. I probably wouldn’t have normally watched the mountain biking or bmx events but they were fun. Felt a bit like the olympics where you dip in and out of sports and find some things you didn’t expect to be so interesting. The road courses didn’t really do justice to Glasgow region and there were really too many circuits, but the quality of both M and F races was excellent.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Women's road race photos
DSCF4528-02.jpeg

DSCF4515-02.jpeg

DSCF4630-02.jpeg

DSCF4584-01.jpeg

DSCF4641-02.jpeg

DSCF4580-01.jpeg

DSCF4688-02.jpeg

DSCF4656-02.jpeg

DSCF4704-02.jpeg