UCI World Championships 2023 (Spoliers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DogmaStu

Pidcock rode a great race and proved he is the best MTB'er at the moment. Olympic and now Worlds done.

It's sad MvdP crashed out though, I would have liked to see him duke it out with Tom. I still believe it would have been those two taking 1 & 2 spots. As good as Nuno and Sam are, Tom and Mathieu are better right now at all disciplines they enter.

Pidcock, man!

Multi-disciplined and super successful. It’s not always easy to turn the youth success and weight of expectation into the top categories, but he’s done unbelievable at the Olympics, on the roads, and at Worlds.

A proper old-school style rider that deserves to be celebrated so much.

A very impressive ride by Tom. Not on the front row at the start (and by his own admission not a great starter) had to use up some energy to get in the front group. Rode very intelligently and then put the hammer down. Classy.
Pleased to see Nino get on the podium but felt a bit sorry for Hatherly who did a lot to animated the early laps. A great race to watch IMO.

Watched on iPlayer... anyone know who the lady commentator was... thought she was good.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Yesterday's elite winners at Glentress.

20230812_122204.jpg

Pidcock.JPG

Slick

Guru
I cycled to the start line today and it was a cracking atmosphere at Balloch in the run up to the start.

I have heard some complaints, but I don't think I've ever seen as many ordinary punters out cycling as I have in the past couple of weeks, probably more. I also heard an interesting stat that 15% of the Scottish population has been out to watch some sort of bike race during this competition and a good percentage of them or the first time.

Can this make a difference to cycling in the area, only time will tell, but it would be shame if we let this momentum pass us by.

Top Bottom