Best price for Ultegra and Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grellboy

Über Member
Saw a bike earlier, just trying to find link, but it is carbon frame with full Ultegra and Ultegra wheels, would be about £1250 with BC discount. Bargain?

simon.r

Person
With a lot of shopping around and taking advantage of various offers I got a full Ultegra group set and wheels for £600 last year. Keep in mind if buying a bike or a groupset deal the chainset arm length and ring sizes and cassette size are what you want.

It's impossible to say if the complete bike is a bargain without knowing what it is. Not all frames and finishing kit are the same.

Shanksy

Maybe consider one of last years bike or even one from 2014. You can probably get a giant defy composite 1 for that money which has ultegra

Maybe a modus ruberto (if that's the correct spelling) also has full ultegra

Lol

Moda rubato it seems I meant! Well i wasp close lol

I see what you did there. Irony, right?
:giggle:
Graham

OP
OP
grellboy

grellboy

Über Member
That's the real bummer isn't it. There's only so many times you can get away with telling the missus...."New bike? No, that's just an old one I found in the garage and cleaned up!" :whistle:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Think she would notice the difference? ( note since this piccie i have lost the roundels , changed the wheels, saddle and carbon seatpost/stem
img_20150604_152045391-jpg.90721.jpg

RegG

Über Member
When a bike is listed as having Ultegra kit, make sure it is the full Ultegra groupset - many bikes may have just some Ultegra parts mixed in with other cheaper components. Even the lovely 2014 Giant Defy Composite 1 comes with non-Ultegra brakes (BR561).

Top Bottom