Best price for Ultegra and Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

outlash

also available in orange
When a bike is listed as having Ultegra kit, make sure it is the full Ultegra groupset - many bikes may have just some Ultegra parts mixed in with other cheaper components. Even the lovely 2014 Giant Defy Composite 1 comes with non-Ultegra brakes (BR561).

Thing is, Shimano don't do all the BB standards (like BB30 for example) so new, out of the box bikes with a BB30 won't ever have a full groupset.

RegG

Über Member
Not true as my 2014 giant day composite 1 does have ultegra brakes on it

The original spec for the Defy 1 Composite for 2014 quotes the brakes as being BR561 so they must have been changed at some stage to Ultegra.....

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb....defy.composite.1/14976/66539/#specifications

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
I was looking at an "Ultegra" bike in an LBS the other day (brands, names, etc withheld to spare blushes) and it had Ultegra mechs and levers. The crank set, BB, brakes, chain and cassette were either 105, KMC or FSA where appropriate. it was still over £2k as a discounted 2015 model.

If that's your bag, have a look at Italian....:whistle:

Russell

vickster

Legendary Member
I was looking at an "Ultegra" bike in an LBS the other day (brands, names, etc withheld to spare blushes) and it had Ultegra mechs and levers. The crank set, BB, brakes, chain and cassette were either 105, KMC or FSA where appropriate. it was still over £2k as a discounted 2015 model.

If that's your bag, have a look at Italian....:whistle:

Russell
Italian should only have Campag :whistle:

Top Bottom