Best sunblock that doesn't sting the eyes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's not an equivalent, believe you me...
Could you outline what you found to be the differences, beyond the lower SPF, please?

Nibor

Bewildered
Calypso do the same range of SPFs as P20. Wilko tends to stock a larger range than Aldi.

I originally used P20 and then tried the Calypso stuff, as it was cheaper.

The key difference is that Calpyso and P20 have different ingredients (although they do share many).

In my experience Calypso:
  • Was less water resistant and needed reapplying more often. It didn't last as long in salt water.
  • Was greasier and took longer to dry/be absorbed.
  • Stained clothes more than the new formula P20 and it was harder to get those stains out.
  • Caused me problems with heat rash on my hands, which P20 doesn't (lots of sun creams/lotions/sprays give me problems with my hands).
I'm back to P20. It's worth paying a little bit extra IME.
Thanks for the info I will use it with caution then although I tan quite well and don't stay out all day I will mostly be using it on the bike for sunnier rides.

Ian A

Über Member
All of the above. I've had no problems with P20, Calypso or Banana Boat if you can still get it.. Used all of them for 8 hours plus in the sun including in Spain and never been burned or had a suncream/sweat mixture in my eyes as long as I let them soak in first despite putting it all over my shaved head. I haven't used Calypso for triathlons but have applied P20 and Banana Boat before a tri swim on half ironman and more races with no burn.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
A cap will last even longer and won’t drip in your eyes:laugh:

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Can't recommend enough, Garnier Ambre Solaire - UV Sport 30, in a little tube, but they do a 50 in a spray bottle and that is real good too ..

Top Bottom