Best websites and mags for racing coverage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Since being drawn into the Racing forum more and more, I've developed a bit more of an interest in it and want to start following it a bit more. So which is the best mag to buy and which websites are the ones to follow?

oxbob

Skip Madness

For men's racing news and results (on the road, track, cross and MTB) I tend to stick by Cycling News. Women's racing is a lot tricker to keep up-to-date with, but I find that between them, Cycling News, Cicloweb, Photo de Cola, Cyclingfx and Cyclisme Féminin tend to have it pretty much covered.

A very good site for getting men's and women's road results, statistics and transfers fairly quickly is Cycling Quotient. Cyclisme-Sport is also worth a look for results when other sources are not keeping up.

BMX Mania is probably the best site for BMX racing news, although it isn't pretty.

I am not a massive fan of any of the magazines, although Pro Cycling is probably the best from what I have seen.

mangaman

I agree cyclingnews.com is the best

mags are trickier as they are mostly monthly and so are out of date when you read them
They are therefore maily glossy Hello-style interviews with riders

I agree procycling is the best though - has more insight and some interesting background and historical articles

If you want British cycling race news then cycling weekly is for you

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I quite like Cyclesport...curious why people don't rate it on here?

Have to be honest, I particularly like it for the comedy section at the back. It had me cackling out loud on a train reading the "Milram to pay their riders in cheese" article this month, and the highly entertaining article saying 'Katusha, the Russian cycling team sponsored by Gazprom last night issued an ultimatum to the entire world. Let our riders win races or we will cut off your gas'.

Tickled me, anyway!!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I like Cyclesport (and Broomwagon) too.

I quite like Pro Cycling (for Plastic Peloton People).

Websites - I generally read Cyclingnews, Velo News, Pez occasionally, and L'Equipe (the latter more to try to stop my French going rusty).

mondobongo

Über Member
Cycling News is normally my first stop of the day occasionally have a look at The Washing Machine Post which has some good articles and Velo News. Tend to buy Cycle Sport when it interests me used to buy every issue but it started to get boring likewise buy Pro Cycling if there is more than 1 thing I want to read its a bit more product orientated than Cycle Sport. If I am really desperate will buy Cycling Weakly.

Keith Oates

Janner
I also look at Cyclingnews each day to get the latest info on the racing scene. As for magazines I buy Pro Cycling and Cycle Sport when I get the chance, which really means when I'm passing through Hong Kong. I also buy Cycling Magazine as well which is different but they do have some good articles apart from the Pro Rcing info. They also have a good news letter which I have subscribed to (free of charge) However if you are one of the people that gets annoyed reading about LA then stay away from the magazine and site.

Top Bottom