Bicycle related tattoos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
yes they can. But with modern inks and if you take care of it (no sunbathing) then it shouldn't need re-inking.

I had one done on my hand last year, I did everyhting I should with a new tat, but it lost a lot of it's colour & definition within a week!
My son had one done at the same place a few days later, and excatly the same happened to his, i've had mine redone (elsewhere) and am now a dedicated Marigold wearer!

Rebel Ian

They can definitely be re-coloured. I need to get one or two of mine re-done.

abo

Suppose it's down the individuals pain threshold... My son had one done for his 18th, just a little bit of script on his shoulder, he turnd green & nearly passed out.. A week later I was in the same chair having one done on the back of my neck, Roger - the tattooist had to wake me up when he had finished
:thumbsup:

Heh I fell asleep when I got one of the ones on my right arm done.

More painful when it goes over bone so I'm led to believe (mine are all on fleshy bits)

I've got a tribal piece that goes from my knee to the end of my foot. I actually quite like having tats done but definetely wouldn't have fallen asleep when he was doing the bony bits round my foot!

GB155

My apologies, I didn't realise it was actually yours or I'd have kept my opinion to myself.

As others have said, each to there own.

I'm sure your apology is sincere, and it appears to have been accepted, but it's worth mentioning that it doesn't matter a jot who's tattoo it is, as funnymummy said, they are, (usually at least), an extremely personal thing with very deep rooted reasoning behind them, reasoning that no-one else would ever understand, but you'll know this from your tribal piece yourself.

Personally I've tired of explaining to people why I have my tattoos, I had them done for me, I chose them, they are all unique in their own way, (I don't do flash myself), and I like them and intend to expand on them.

My parents don't even understand why I've had done what I have, and SWMBO even struggles with it at times :rolleyes:

I now consider my spleen vented :biggrin:
You say each to their own, I say spot on :cheers:
Ride safe :thumbsup:

I'm sure your apology is sincere, and it appears to have been accepted, but it's worth mentioning that it doesn't matter a jot who's tattoo it is, as funnymummy said, they are, (usually at least), an extremely personal thing with very deep rooted reasoning behind them, reasoning that no-one else would ever understand, but you'll know this from your tribal piece yourself.

Personally I've tired of explaining to people why I have my tattoos, I had them done for me, I chose them, they are all unique in their own way, (I don't do flash myself), and I like them and intend to expand on them.

My parents don't even understand why I've had done what I have, and SWMBO even struggles with it at times :rolleyes:

I now consider my spleen vented :biggrin:
You say each to their own, I say spot on :cheers:

So by that reasoning, a tattoo of a union jack with EDF across it and 'thease colures dont run!' in wonky letters underneath done by big Baz in his mum's kitchen using a guitar string isn't sh1t because it was a personal thing with deep rooted reasoning behind it.

The design of the piece at the top my right arm is very important and meaningfull to me 'cos it covered up a really rubbish (aesthetically & techically) bit of flash I had done when a foolish youth ;)

Oh, and as for my apology being sincere and whether gb155 has accepted it or not, that's really his business don't you think?

So by that reasoning, a tattoo of a union jack with EDF across it and 'thease colures dont run!' in wonky letters underneath done by big Baz in his mum's kitchen using a guitar string isn't sh1t because it was a personal thing with deep rooted reasoning behind it.

The design of the piece at the top my right arm is very important and meaningfull to me 'cos it covered up a really rubbish (aesthetically & techically) bit of flash I had done when a foolish youth ;)

As I said, "they are, (usually at least), an extremely personal....." That does not suggest they are all, but unless you know why someone had a tat done you can't really comment on it. My point was simply that you seemed to suggest your retraction was only because you realised who's tattoo it was. I'm not having a pop but simply pointing that out.

Oh, and as for my apology being sincere and whether gb155 has accepted it or not, that's really his business don't you think?
I don't honestly give a shoot if he's accepted it or not, my comments were based on my interpretation of his response to your retraction of your inappropriate comment, but if he chooses to publish a response on a public forum, then quite simply, no it isn't.
Enhance your cool and ride safe :thumbsup:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
It doesn't get any more personal than that - I know you always play things down, but you are an inspiration to many people mate - myself included. :thumbsup:

Thanks Man, Your too kind
thumbsup.png

Top Bottom