Bike brands in order

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Cervelo. Nough said:laugh:

There may be hundreds of brands but there are only a handful of bike factories. The big5 in Taiwan manufacture almost all mid/high end bike frames and Shimano and SRAM make almost all components. Even if you don't like a Giant or Specialized or Trek, that cool, indie-branded bike may have been next off the production line.
Many shop-brands are just stickers on OEM frames, with the same frame seen across brands.

mythste

Veteran
Stockport's finest.
I grew up by old Quinns shop on Walton Rd, Liverppol and have been "a bit" obsessed by classic old racers and tourers ever since.

I was in my parents garage the other day and I noticed a bike hanging from the ceiling. Went in and asked Pop who replied "Yeah, its a Quinns frame, apparently Campag Record or something on it, I'll get it down next time your here".

Needless to say I cant wait to get down to my parents in a few weeks time! (which you wont catch me saying often)

Yazzoo

too broad a question but as has been said what is 'best' for someone else may bot be the best bike for you (fit, circumstance, budget etc)

If you were to give us a couple of different brands/models that you were interested in I think you'd find less generic/vague responses - no ones gonna stick their neck out and write a list of brands in order of their own personal preference ready to start a big argument!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I was in my parents garage the other day and I noticed a bike hanging from the ceiling. Went in and asked Pop who replied "Yeah, its a Quinns frame, apparently Campag Record or something on it, I'll get it down next time your here".

Needless to say I cant wait to get down to my parents in a few weeks time! (which you wont catch me saying often)

It will be rubbish. Give it to me.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Cervelo. Nough said:laugh:
Is Cervelo higher or lower than.... Pinarello

U

User32269

Have just spoke to your folks and they have agreed to adopt me, effectively giving me first dibs on the Quinn!

Top Bottom