Bird Crap Up Close

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

Funny one yesterday. You know how bikes are great for creeping up on wild life? They don't hear you coming and you're moving so fast you're on them by the time they spot you? Well yesterday morning I snuck right up on a large bird, I'm not sure what it was, sitting to the left of the road.

It took off and veered left but the fence was in the way, so it came right, thought it was going to fly right into me then went left again. Ended up flying along beside me for a second as it was in a panic and didn't know where to go. At this point it literally crapped itself and a massive white line of bird poo floated through the air right next to me!

The guy behind me burst out laughing. Close encounter of the crap kind.I was just glad it was beside me and not just in front of me! ;0)

Globalti

Legendary Member
It was shedding ballast for a quick takeoff.

Last summer I was driving through woodland and some bird dropped a monster on me - it splatted on the windscreen like a curry. The windscreen washer just spread it all over the place; I was so disgusted I stopped at the next garage and jetwashed the car.

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

We hit a bird with the car years ago. It took off in front of us, didn't know what way to go and bapped off the front of the car. I looked in the mirrors and said to my wife "That didn't come out. It's stuck in the car somewhere"

It was wedged through the grille head first :0( Picking it out was not pleasant.

gbb

Legendary Member
God i wished i'd took a photo at the time :thumbsup:

Previous workplace was bordered by a slope with masses of brambles and trees. One autumn, it seemed like millions of starlings took up residence in the shrubbery / trees. Every night for about 2 weeks, they'd whirl around, up and down, roosting, then up in a flock, then back...it was awesome to watch so close. The noise was something else..quite spellbinding.

Couple of weeks after they'd gone, i was wandering round the perimeter wall where the bushes were.....a sodding great slick of birdshit was all that remained. About a foot deep....and 30 ft long. It had slowly oozed its way down the slope. Bleuchh :laugh:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Starlings in Rome are a real menace, and they employ scarers to frighten the bu99ers away. Pic shows starling residuals...
rome-starlings-460_1122509c.jpg

Top Bottom