Bkool FAQ

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

superflyman

Is there a list of all the keyboard commands? I've looked through the BKool site and on here and can't find any listing of keyboard shortcuts or commands to use. I am also curious is there a keyboard command to end the warmup or cool down? My wahoo kickr sometimes will not registered as stopped pedalling and I have to sit there and wait the 8 minutes for the warmup to end.

OP
OP
gbrown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
I am also curious is there a keyboard command to end the warmup or cool down? My wahoo kickr sometimes will not registered as stopped pedalling and I have to sit there and wait the 8 minutes for the warmup to end.

I am not aware of anyway of ending the warm up other than stopping pedalling. I think you can end the cool down by using the escape key and choosing exit.

My KICKR was also a pain to get it to register that you had stopped pedalling, it took much longer to spin down than the Bkool Pro and with no rear wheel fitted gentle braking was not an option. Half the time it would eventually stop spinning but the simulator wouldn't notice.

You shouldn't have to wait 8 minutes though, I would just start pedalling enough to get it to register a speed, then stop again and it would eventually register that I had stopped.

If anyone has a keyboard short cut list, I'll add it to the FAQ.

The only ones I know are that the "v" key changes the camera perspective, and the space key allows the rider to see behind.

Geoff

Tracey CBM

A question about leagues:
I've created a Land's End to John O'Groats league with 15 stages and I've "published" it. http://www.bkool.com/group/show/125679. I want to add more stages / parts to the same league but now I've "published" it I don't appear to be able to find the option to "add new stage" unless I create another league. I want to be able to add more stages to the original league if possible. Does anyone know if you can add more stages to a current league?

Last edited:
OP
OP
gbrown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
A question about leagues:
I've created a Land's End to John O'Groats league with 15 stages and I've "published" it. http://www.bkool.com/group/show/125679. I want to add more stages / parts to the same league but now I've "published" it I don't appear to be able to find the option to "add new stage" unless I create another league. I want to be able to add more stages to the original league if possible. Does anyone know if you can add more stages to a current league?

Sorry, but as far as I am aware, you can't add more stages to a current league!

You have to set up all the stages before you publish, or create a new league to start after the current one finishes.

Geoff

OP
OP
gbrown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Updated the initial FAQ post a little (Drafting and Missed league stages) ... thanks to anyone who made suggestions

Recent updates are coloured blue to make them easier to find if you don't want to re-read the entire post!

Bkool FAQ

phonlife

Many thanks Geoff

Your advice explaining how to turn off the real conditions was bang on and really helpful. I have been frustrated at cycling in the 3D dark as (probably with most of us do in winter) we don't want to be reminded of this in the Bkool virtual cycle simulation. This was the only place I found out how to do it - so very much appreciated.

I have found that the power seems to fluctuate rapidly whilst on the BKool Pro trainer despite being on a constant gradient, speed and cadence. I have a cadence/speed sensor but have taken off the magnet on the wheel following your advice not to have a speed sensor. It didn't seem to make too much of a difference to the power value fluctuation. Is this your experience, and is it just due to the software trying to simulate the power relative to the track etc?

OP
OP
gbrown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Your advice explaining how to turn off the real conditions was bang on and really helpful. I have been frustrated at cycling in the 3D dark as (probably with most of us do in winter) we don't want to be reminded of this in the Bkool virtual cycle simulation.

No idea why they default to have the real weather on (whereas wind defaults to off) as I expect most would not want to always ride in the dark and the rain! Something to do with marketing, I'm sure ... :whistle:

I have found that the power seems to fluctuate rapidly whilst on the BKool Pro trainer despite being on a constant gradient, speed and cadence. I have a cadence/speed sensor but have taken off the magnet on the wheel following your advice not to have a speed sensor. It didn't seem to make too much of a difference to the power value fluctuation. Is this your experience, and is it just due to the software trying to simulate the power relative to the track etc?

I can't think of any reason why the power would fluctuate at the same speed/cadence/gradient, if you keep your pedalling smooth. What version of the firmware are you running? I think that the early versions did have fluctuating power, I'd check that the firmware is updating properly.

No need to take the magnet off the rear wheel, it's just that the bkool software will not pair with the speed part of the speed and cadence as it uses the trainers roller speed. If you use a garmin at the same time it can be useful to have a speed feed for that.

Cheers,

Geoff

Jezster

Yes several of us have. The readings differ from 0-30 watts for me depending on slope. The steeper it is the closer the values for me. Mine was on vectors.

I think powertap hubs have been tried as well with similar results.
Same for me with Vectors too, but figures on the flat are more variable

phonlife

No idea why they default to have the real weather on (whereas wind defaults to off) as I expect most would not want to always ride in the dark and the rain! Something to do with marketing, I'm sure ... :whistle:

I can't think of any reason why the power would fluctuate at the same speed/cadence/gradient, if you keep your pedalling smooth. What version of the firmware are you running? I think that the early versions did have fluctuating power, I'd check that the firmware is updating properly.

No need to take the magnet off the rear wheel, it's just that the bkool software will not pair with the speed part of the speed and cadence as it uses the trainers roller speed. If you use a garmin at the same time it can be useful to have a speed feed for that.

Cheers,

Geoff
Many thanks Geoff for clarifying about the speed sensor. I will try to update the firmware of the trainer, I have the most up to date simulator software (not that you have a choice!) but not quite sure how to update the trainer firmware. I have tried to dangle the Ant+ dongle near the trainer as you suggested, but doesn't seem to commence a firmware update. Is there a trick or setting in the Bkool software to check and update the trainer firmware? Thanks again

OP
OP
gbrown

gbrown

Geoff on Bkool
Is there a trick or setting in the Bkool software to check and update the trainer firmware?

I don't think you can trigger a firmware update, it has to offer you one. I understand that some trainers get stuck on a previous firmware and do not prompt for an update, in which case you may have to contact Bkool and get them to help, or replace the trainer.

You can check the version of the firmware in the bkool indoor simulator, under Settings -> About Bkool Indoor. The version of the simulator is at the top (currently v. 2.54) but the version of the firmware is tucked away further down under the Sensors: section. I'm afraid I no longer have a bkool trainer so I can't post a picture, but it should be obvious once you have the bkool trainer paired. I believe the current Bkool Pro firmware is 3.06.

If yours is back level then I would contact bkool.

Geoff

g00se

Veteran
There's details of the simulator changes on the bkool facebook page and trainerroad have been told the firmware will be pushed out soon.

Top Bottom