Bootsale bargains..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
:rolleyes::tongue:
Just once in a while, you have a good un.

Up to Joe24's neck of the woods...two car boots, two good bargains
Brooks B17 Champion narrow, quite old, but ok....£1.
A whole quid. ;) The bounder wanted £2. Told him to sling his hook, he'll get a quid and not a penny more....err, well, we agreed £1, then he wouldnt smack me one :becool:

Then i got a Bikemate HRM / cycle computer (is that the aldi one..it doesnt say so on the box ?) Brand new, still boxed, complete...£1.50.
Do i need it....no. Can you pass up a bargain....no.

Any other avid booters here ?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Which bootsales were these?

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
Which bootsales were these?

Errr, not telling :becool:

Bottesford and Calverton Joe...Tail end of the year now, it's dying a bit. Last visits this year i think, it's just too far to come when the weather gets damp and cold, and the booters stay at home :rolleyes:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
gbb said:
:wacko::tongue:
Just once in a while, you have a good un.

Up to Joe24's neck of the woods...two car boots, two good bargains
Brooks B17 Champion narrow, quite old, but ok....£1.
A whole quid. :ohmy: The bounder wanted £2. Told him to sling his hook, he'll get a quid and not a penny more....err, well, we agreed £1, then he wouldnt smack me one ;)

Then i got a Bikemate HRM / cycle computer (is that the aldi one..it doesnt say so on the box ?) Brand new, still boxed, complete...£1.50.
Do i need it....no. Can you pass up a bargain....no.

Any other avid booters here ?
check out the set up instructions in know how.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I hate boot sales. Most of the stuff on sale is tat. I prefer to give my own stuff to a charity shop than stand around in a field all day to make 3 parts of piss all. Still, each to his own.

Maz

Guru
I haven't been to a carboot sale in ages. The last one I went to put me off...people were selling 3-pin plugs that had been cut off with pliers from their appliances and half-empty tubes of toothpaste.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Maz said:
I haven't been to a carboot sale in ages. The last one I went to put me off...people were selling half-empty tubes of toothpaste.
Great for touring, saves carrying the weight of a full tube ;)

bikepete

Guru
I love car boot sales - great excuse to get up early and wander round outside if nothing else. Have a good one just a few minute's bike ride away fortunately :-)

Have to brag about some amazing bargains - e.g. a huge Record bench vice that retails at over £500 for £40, and a long camera lens (Pentax A*300/4) for £25, that's also £500+ to buy if you can even find one!

Missed a few more good 'uns by not having enough cash with me or by not being sufficiently decisive :-(

Maz

Guru
Soltydog said:
Great for touring, saves carrying the weight of a full tube :surrender:
I also saw a folding travel toothbrush for sale - top half was detachable and could be stored inverted in its lower half.

I mean, come on - how stuck for space are you that you can't fit a normal toothbrush in your bags?!?!?!?!? :whistle:

bikepete

Guru
Thus:

visesmall.jpg

Walked it back rather than riding, mind, just to be on the safe side :ohmy:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
I also saw a folding travel toothbrush for sale - top half was detachable and could be stored inverted in its lower half.

I mean, come on - how stuck for space are you that you can't fit a normal toothbrush in your bags?!?!?!?!? :thumbsdown:

I think the main point is that the bit you stick it into stops the bristles rubbing up against your soap and other nasty tasting stuff... When I'm bike touring, I just take the top bit of an electric toothbrush, which fits nicely in my tiny touring washbag with the sachets of shampoo and the folding hairbrush...

I went to the big York carboot a while back, and got a great wooden toy clock for my nephew for his 1st birthday - he was going through a phase of pointing at clocks and being fascinated, so he could properly play with this one, and it was only 50p.. He loved it!

Arch

Married to Night Train
BTW, how sad is this? I was skimming this thread and didn't see bikepete's first post properly until I recognised his bike in that picture...:thumbsdown:

Hi boss! See you tomorrow!:biggrin:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
bikepete said:
Thus:

visesmall.jpg

Walked it back rather than riding, mind, just to be on the safe side :wacko:

Crikey, i've heard you shouldnt go touring without all the appropriate equipment, but......:eek::ohmy::ohmy:

Top Bottom