Brabantia; In praise of good service.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I feel the need to praise the service of Brabantia.

Now Brabantia products are not cheap, but for the John Lewis loving middle classes, they are de-riguer.
Our Brabantia rotary washing line was decaying, the line bit that is, slowly the polymer coating was breaking down and starting to mark the clothes. So we fired up JL's website and found that a replacement was about £50. Wow! Not cheap, but... it had done at least 8 years stirling service, maybe more, for a family of 5, that's not bad I guess. But why spend £50 when all that's needed is more of the right kind of string? Re-use, repair, recycle's the mantra! So we checked the Brabantia website but no replacement string could be found, nevertheless, the fab Mrs Foodie gave them a call.

Mrs FF: "Hi we've a 10 y/o washing line and we need new string, is it possible?"
Brabantia: "Yes, what's your address?"
Mrs FF: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
Brabantia: "Please allow 5 days for delivery, Thanks for calling Brabantia"

Mrs FF: "Wait, how much, do you take credit cards?"
Brabantia "No worries, it's free!"

FANTASTIC! What great service.

So a free plug for BRABANTIA. They may cost more, but the product is good and the service excellent.

I think we've got a Brabantia bin, nowt else though. Good to hear of proper customer service and telling others about it is exactly what it's for.

karen.488walker

The bins are rubbish. Tall, narrow and fill up with 2 milk cartons. BTW got a similar service from Morphy richards on a rice cooker. scratched the pan and they sent me an entirely free new one!

karen.488walker said:
The bins are rubbish. Tall, narrow and fill up with 2 milk cartons. BTW got a similar service from Morphy richards on a rice cooker. scratched the pan and they sent me an entirely free new one!

SimpleHuman make nice bins..a narrow one for the kitchen which is foot operated. (Unlucky if your feet are 11 inches long :smile:)

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
karen.488walker said:
Our Brabantia bin is fab!

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I had a Judge saucepan, the lid handle came unscrewed and would not screw back in. Look them up on internet, e-mail request about where can I get a new handle, reuse, recycle etc. Handle arrives Foc. :smile:

We have a Brabantia bin, the catch on the lid broke, phoned them up, sent us complete new lid, no charge. Same happened couple of years later. Can't fault that kind of service to be fair.

Bigtwin

You are an idiot.

That's not new string, it's an antenna.

All of your conversations, passwords and all other key information will be beamed back to Barbiturates HQ via satellite and they will know your every move.

Remember their motto: people are rubbish.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Fab Foodie said:
Brabantia: "Yes, what's your address?"
Mrs FF: "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
Brabantia: "Please allow 5 days for delivery, Thanks for calling Brabantia"

Blinking flip! They ARE good, aren't they? Deciphering that address is just supoib but I bet you miss out on loads of post living there.

Top Bottom