Brighton, Hove , worthing, shoreham, Lancing etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

My family and I will be moving down to the Brighton area soon. If I get the job I'm trying to get at the moment my commute distance will be much reduced...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Good idea, BOAB, see if you can drum up some more punters. You might be able to rope in some from farther afield too.

The Mouseketeers (Think back to that Bob Dylan record you were going to listen to BOAB...if I cycled to Billericay etc...) can do this sort of thing, given enough planning time. If we could finish the ride heated enough to attend the nudist beach all-night party, we might be able to send Andy ilovebarbeques in for some supplies before we escaped back to the smoke.

Alternatively, next month is the 'genteel' ride from London to Brighton. Organise an alternative for after breakfast and I at least would come, maybe foregoing the Dunwich Dynamo for the Bognor Blast.

Finishing somewhere that would catapault me towards Londres might be good, although I don't really care...Mouseketeer principle No1: Attempt something that you would think ridiculous if someone else mentioned it to you.

Principle No2: Do it anyway. Sort technicalities out along the way.

Bigtwin

Me 'n' some peeps quite often ride the Downs Link trail from Guildford to Shoreham, then get the train back up from Brighton, or visa versa. It's a cracking ride out if anyone fancies it. Couple of nice pubs on the way too if you don't fancy being all terribly hardcore about it. About 40 miles each way.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
This is good...ther eis also Rickangus and Rusky who may be able to do this and are local.

I hadnt got any fixed palns yet as I had no idea as to a response level...but I think in my head I had a plan to get a regular group of local riders together so we could ride together and have alaugh...a beer...etc over the coming summer?

Maybe weekend/evening rides etc...dunno?

But it would be cool to get it together...

Richp knows all the cool loops...(drops rich right in it)

I think we could get a good little local CC ride group going here with a little planning?

Tynan

Veteran
weeee can see you holding hands ...

Franklin Englemann II and Brian Johnston Jr will be 'Down Your Way' on 4th July 'early portes'...Maybe we could do a cross country, through Arundellzeqq and up to say the big mother of a hill beyond Lurgeshall (after watching cricket on the village green ;)), then your posse turn round and the Londoners continue onwards and upwards. (If Davywalnuts is around it will not be so much the Dun Run as the Dunny run..!:smile:)

rusky

CC Addict
Sounds good although I may have trouble getting out for a long run leaving the mrs to fend off a baby & toddler!

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
On sunday 14th ther eis a cyclists ride organised by sustrans and the worthing revolutions group whoever they are. i think its just a leisurely protest ride to raise awareness of cyclists needs here etc...there are cycle themed stalls etc...Dr. Bike session etc...pic nic...I will go along and represent the lycra clad amoungst the mtb & basket bike brigade...so if anyone fancies it I'll be there and we could hook up etc?

several start points:
10am south end of broadwater green
Steyne gardens worthing at 10.3o is whre i will join it.
...might be a laugh...could be a wash out if it pisses down...but its an easy cycling related thing to do on a sunday no??

Or we could all jus thook up and do 50 mile ish afterwards...whatever??

BigonaBianchi said:
I will go along and represent the lycra clad

I'm possibly gonna be around here, on my longish, early ride, weather permitting...

BigonaBianchi said:
Steyne gardens worthing at 10.3o is where I will join it
I'll look out for you.....can't promise tho'; my plans are an early (3am!) ride, Arunde (A29), Billingshurst (A272), Scaynes Hill-Lewes-Newhaven, and back along the coast. Gotta be back be 11am, for the M-i-L..:tongue:

Cancel this - I've just realised, the Sustrans ride is on Sunday, whereas I'm riding Saturday....:biggrin:

Top Bottom