Bromley Cyclists - A Kentish Ride - Saturday 5th December 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Here we go again with another Bromley Cyclists ride.

Although an LCC and Bromley Cyclists event, You do not need to be a member to take part. Tourers, Roadies, Hybrids, experienced riders and those not so, . . we wait for all... Just turn up and go . . .
All are :evil:

Day: Saturday 5th December 2009
Contact Ride Leader: Trevor Hughes
Email : tjh@brockley@orangehome.co.uk
Mobile : 07775 928953 (no text's please)

Meeting Points
Trevor Hughes @ London Bridge, ticket office @ 0750 to catch the 0808 train to Marden – we'll buy returns to Marden (Kent)
or
Andrew Fergar @ Bromley South @ 0745 to catch the 0802 (change at Orpington for the 0826 to Marden, arriving 0901)

The Ride
c.38 miles c.1800ft of climbing
An early start to make the most of the daylight hours (and allow for a country pub lunch!) …this is another ride through the lovely lanes of Kent featuring peaceful villages and using pleasant mostly quiet b-roads (hopefully)…just the ticket to avoid the horrors of the Christmas shopping crowds! We'll ride at a moderate pace, and there will be a few steep sections, particularly before lunch, but nothing too arduous.

The ride is approx 38 miles in length - so not overly long and I would expect us to be back at Marden Station by 3pm or so .

If anyone would like a Memory map (mmo) file or gpx file of the route please pm me.
Here also is a Bike Hike link to the route

While most will probably get the train back to London I will be riding from Marden back to Tonbridge (14 miles) and maybe on to Orpington (15 miles) so if anyone wants to join me please feel free.

We look forward to seeing you.

Ian

What Should I Take With Me on a Ride?

Always
Water
Money
Inner tubes (2 are recommended)
Tools to remove your wheel and tyre
Pump
Lights
Lock
Puncture repair kit

Consider
Waterproofs
Helmet (especially for mountain bike rides)
An extra clothing layer
Eye protection (sun glasses)
Sun screen
Snacks (flapjacks, bananas etc)
Maps
Camera
Mobile phone
First aid kit
Gear cable
Brake cable

mike e

I will definitely make it down for one of these rides Ian, but probably in 2010.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
mate, you are more then welcome, and just as welcome to stay at Chez Moi if you do.

mike e said:
I will definitely make it down for one of these rides Ian, but probably in 2010.

mike e

ianrauk said:
mate, you are more then welcome, and just as welcome to stay at Chez Moi if you do.

Thank you kindly, will bear that in mind. Or might just cycle down, do the ride, and cycle home...:biggrin: Been a northerner, made of stern stuff and all that...:becool:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Mere pimples on the landscape TT. You would have no problem with this ride.

ttcycle said:
Ian, I'm keeping an eye on these rides..

it's just one minor thing that puts me off.....

ahemxx(

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
ahahah I remember the last time someone said that to me!! I came back from that ride half dead!

Pimples...haha yes Ian, maybe in your estimation!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You will be fine, this is a very easy paced ride.. the total climbing is over the whole ride so really not that bad overall...

ttcycle said:
ahahah I remember the last time someone said that to me!! I came back from that ride half dead!

Pimples...haha yes Ian, maybe in your estimation!

orienteer

Interested in this, but would drive to Marden. What time are you starting?

Can't get the bikehike link at present - "server not available"

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
I am quite interested in this ride too now as I have cancelled a boozey weekend away(yes, I am feeling fine lol) as I need to slim up and save up for my holiday in January.

Unless the birthday party gets changed to locally, I would say I am in for this please! Would be a nice 140mile round trip, 5000 odd calories.. minus what'ever I stuff in my gob along the way! haha!

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Train pulls into Marden at 9.01
so anytime shortly after that.
And fixed bikehike link.

orienteer said:
Interested in this, but would drive to Marden. What time are you starting?

Can't get the bikehike link at present - "server not available"

Top Bottom