Bromley Cyclists - Bekesbourne Circular - Sat 4th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Here we go again with another Bromley Cyclists ride.

Although an LCC and Bromley Cyclists event, You do not need to be a member to take part. Tourers, Roadies, Hybrids, experienced riders and those not so, all are welcome . . we wait for all... Just turn up and go . . .

Day: Saturday 4th October
Meet: 08:30 at Bromley South Station
Distance: 41 miles
Time 08:30 for the 08:49 Train direct to Bekesbourne - ETA - 10:05

This will be a circular ride ...with the majority of ascent in the first 20 miles . Upon leaving Bekesbourne we will head more or less due south Bishopsbourne and Elham ...before turning East through Hawkinge ...and then a steady North East progression through Chalksole,Lydden, Shepherdswell, and Chillenden ...before turning North West through Staple , Elmstone & Preston .....after which we turn South West past Grove Hill, Wickhambreaux and Littlebourne back to our start point at Bekesbourne

The first half of the ride will be mainly through deeply indented valleys on very narrow lanes .....the second being on somewhat more frequented roads...albeit all still lanes ..the terrain now being much flatter and the horizons much futher away .

Overall our mileage today will be 41 miles and ascent and descent will be 2185 feet....a pub lunch stop will be sought after the half way mark when we have done the really hard work . We should be able to make it back to Bekesbourne before dark ....that's the plan anyhow!

If anyone wants a memory map of the route please pm me.
Ian.

Ooh, that's lovely countryside. All those little hidden valleys.

Unfortunately it's the little fella's birthday party on 4th Oct, otherwise I'd be along. I'll eat some cake for you.

Top Bottom