Bromley Cyclists - Rainham, Kent Circular Ride, Saturday 22 November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Here we go again with another Bromley Cyclists ride. xx(

Although an LCC and Bromley Cyclists event, You do not need to be a member to take part. Tourers, Roadies, Hybrids, experienced riders and those not so, all are :blush:. . we wait for all... Just turn up and go . . .

Meeting Points :

1. Meet Andrew Fergar Bromley South Station Forecourt at 09:05 for the 09:19 train to Rainham or

2. Meet Trevor Hughes by the ticket machine at Catford Station (Not Catford Bridge ) at 08:45 for the 09:02 to Bromley - changing there for Rainham

Our ETA at Rainham is 09:55. If you wish to meet at Rainham please let Andrew know

Overall distance for the ride will be 34 miles and we ascend and descend 2234 foot ....almost all the hilly bits are in the first 16 miles of the ride ...and include three quite significant ascents...but we won't be hurtling up and down them with lycra clad fervour!

Once out of Rainham Station we will be on a country lane within half a mile or so ...heading Southwards towards Farthings corner ...then we press oon in the sme direction towards Newlands Wood ..before turning North through Yelsted ..West through Stockbury and then South to Colyers Wents ..then through the orchards at Bicknor before climbing Wormshill and on to Frinsted ...after which point the hard climbs are done .We go North through Bredgar and Oad Street now and pass around the fringes of Sittingbourne ...before getting to Iwade and soon after the Medway shore at Bedlams Bootom ....Eastwards noww to Lower Halstow wharf ...for more glimpses of the river ..then up to Ham Green and Bayford ..overlooking marshes all the while ...before passing West through Upchurch and on to Otterham Quay ...then another mile till Rainham Station and journey's end

We will find a pub for a lunch stop for :biggrin: & :biggrin:........details to be announced on the day. It's possible that we will run out of daylight before journey's end . So please don't forget your lights...but I'll try my best to get us round in daylight . It will be a ride of contrasts ...and will not include any off road sections .

Panter

Just call me Chris...
This sounds really good, I rode a very similar route with my club recently, some pretty stiff climbs (for me :biggrin:) but a great route.

I think I may be doing another MTB skills day on the 22nd but if not I'll definately be up for this B)

Top Bottom