Bromley Cyclists - Sevenoaks Circular Saturday 7th November 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Here we go again with another Bromley Cyclists ride.

Although an LCC and Bromley Cyclists event, You do not need to be a member to take part. Tourers, Roadies, Hybrids, experienced riders and those not so, . . we wait for all... Just turn up and go . . .
All are :biggrin:

Day: Saturday 7th November 2009
Contact Ride Leader: Andrew Fergar
Email : Kayacan@aol.com
Mobile : 07717693701 (no text's please)

Meeting Points
Trevor Hughes at Catford (not Catford Bridge) station by the ticket machine - at 08:15 for the 08:32 direct service to Sevenoaks
or
Andrew Fergar on Bromley South Station forecourt at 08:25 for the 08:43 direct service to Sevenoaks (we board the same train that the Catford contingent is already on)

NB - if you wish to travel from London Bridge - the train to catch is the 08:45 - which arrives at Sevenoaks at 09:15 , 2 minutes after the Catford/Bromley South train.

The Ride
c.41 miles and 3500 feet of climbing
Today's ride is mainly through lanes and has advantage of being close to home in travelling terms , it will describe a roughly oval shape ...we ascend first to Goathurst Common via Kippington ...then make a steep ascent of about 650 ft to Hever Castle ...then track round to Penshurst Hill and thence North to Shipbourne ...where we may well lunch at the Chaser Inn . Afterwards we press on to the edge of the Mereworth Woods at Gover Hill ...then circle North again to Ightham and then South Westwards through Bitchet Common & Godden Green back into Sevenoaks .

Please note that we ascend and descend 3500 ft ...so this would classify as quite a hilly ride .

The ride is approx 40 miles in length - so not overly long and I would expect us to be back at Sevenoaks Station by 4pm or so .

If anyone would like a Memory map (mmo) file or gpx file of the route please pm me.
Here also is a Bike Hike link to the route

I will be riding from Orpington to Sevenoaks and back (Approx 10 miles eaxh way) so if anyone wants to join me I can meet you at Orpington Station. Please let me know.

Ian

What Should I Take With Me on a Ride?

Always
Water
Money
Inner tubes (2 are recommended)
Tools to remove your wheel and tyre
Pump
Lights
Lock
Puncture repair kit

Consider
Waterproofs
Helmet (especially for mountain bike rides)
An extra clothing layer
Eye protection (sun glasses)
Sun screen
Snacks (flapjacks, bananas etc)
Maps
Camera
Mobile phone
First aid kit
Gear cable
Brake cable

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Anyone care to join our posse?

Weather according to Metcheck
A fair day, but little cold, temp of 8°. Tiny chance of precipitation of 0.1mm.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another lovely ride in the Kent countryside.
Hills abound, but glorious sunny (but cold) weather and some cracking descents and vistas made up for all the hard work.
10 peeps in all.
1 puncture.
2 Dead Grouse.
40 Miles for the ride.
(and a further 32 more for me just for the sake of it..:hungry:)

Here's a link to some pics

Top Bottom