Bromley & Lewisham Cyclists ride Saturday 9th Jan. **CANCELLED*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi all,
Then how about joining us for a ride with the Bromley and Lewisham Cyclists Saturday 9th January from Eynsford in Kent. A nice short ride to burn off those extra calories gained over Christmas.

Day: Saturday 9th January 2009

Distance: 36 miles

Meeting Points
Trevor Hughes - Catford station @ 0915 to catch the 0933 to Eynsford
or
Andrew Fergar - Bromley South forecourt @ 0930 to catch the 0944 to Eynsford
Or Eynsford Station for a 10am off...(please let myself or Trevor know)

The Ride
Before the culinary excesses of Christmas, burn off some calories by joining us for this quite hilly ride at a moderate pace. We'll climb out of the Darent Valley up onto the downs then make our way in a south easterly direction, out into the country east of Sevenoaks....great country and lots of pleasant small roads to enjoy. Lunch is planned at that renowned hostelry, hardly changed in decades, the Golding Hop, and we then continue the ride ending with a flourish - a glorious ride through the beautiful Knatt's Valley. We plan to arrive back at Eynsford by about 1530, however, all will be welcome to enjoy a tipple after the ride, probably at The nearby Bull Inn, Horton Kirby (Kent's real ale pub of the year 2009).

If anyone wants a gpx or memory map route just ask...
BikeHike route map here

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Blimey o'reilly.. as near soon as I put this up I get an email cancelling the ride. Being rescheduled for January 9th

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Icing weather I'd guess? I keep thinking about going out on Saturday, then realising that the icy lanes might not be the most sensible place to go. Maybe I should do a few laps of Regents Park or something?

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well Mike, if the weather is ok on Sunday, I'm looking at press ganging a few peeps for a 40 mile London loop...so if you fancy a spin you are more the welcome.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Can't see me getting on this one. Too much Xmas to get out the way first. On the other hand, I did just log a lovely <40 miler with Mista Preston and Lupin (both of this parish). Setting off just after 8pm, in the snow, and going to see the London lights.

Lovely it was too. Albert Bridge, Knightsbridge, Kensington, the parks, Oxford St, Regent St, and home.

139NI

Oh well...

i think i will still head out and do a ride starting at c.9am - weekends are precious and few for me. I will jump onto a train to ASHFORD Stn. from LONDON, then head SOUTH towards RYE. Then eventually onto EASTBOURNE. If the weather is good, i might even end up in BRIGHTON.

If anyone wants to join me. you know where its at..! 07939 287 845

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
ianrauk said:
Well Mike, if the weather is ok on Sunday, I'm looking at press ganging a few peeps for a 40 mile London loop...so if you fancy a spin you are more the welcome.

Yeah, I'm well up for that. I'll pm you.

ianrauk said:

bump?

The ground is hard and it am slippery man...:laugh:

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The first part of the ride up to Romney Street is a long drag uphill... and the climb back up from Igtham to the Pilgrims Way is another bit of a drag... but nothing you can't handle. And as you know our group is not one of the fastest.

The Golden Hop is a classic old English drinking establishment. A pub run it's own way by the vociferous but ultimately friendly in his own way, landlord Eddie. A cyclist once asked if they did tea? His reply "Madam, This is a pub not a restaurant!"

ps plenty of parking at Eynsford Station, if you are planing on going on to Tonbridge after.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
If my trike replacement bits have arrived (chain tubes - rather necessary methinks! - plus idler) I think I'll come along on this, as long as you don't think I'll cramp all your styles too much. James might come along too. I'll let you know nearer the time but would meet you at Eynsford by car rather than train.

Top Bottom