Build up to the 2017 season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I'm getting the vibe that Cannondale will continue to be the biggest dicks in the peloton next year

No, that's just the impression given by tight Lycra. In reality they're just overcompensating.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Because they have been for a while and I can't see them changing. They continue their social media "quirkiness" (a.k.a. annoying nobbers), and I am not holding out for them doing anything of note on the road (yet again); they must be the dullest team on the road, and over compensate with the "quirkiness". Hugh Carthy and Sep Vanmarcke are doomed. They'll end up as social media playthings.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I don't follow the numbers but it surprises me that they get enough world tour points. I can't remember them doing anything of note.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
They had a competition on twitter yesterday asking to say there best moments in 2016, I was unable to enter due to the fact I couldn't think of a best moment.

Reading all the replies on Twitter, neither could anyone else

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
I don't follow the numbers but it surprises me that they get enough world tour points. I can't remember them doing anything of note.

They haven't achieved any major wins, but they have picked off a few in more minor races, and they've kept banking points through top ten placings.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
They had a competition on twitter yesterday asking to say there best moments in 2016, I was unable to enter due to the fact I couldn't think of a best moment.

https://twitter.com/Shop_Argyle/status/809789516240273409
I saw that yesterday and thought "They'll be lucky if anyone remembers anything apart from Phil Gaimon's cookies"

I had a quick look last night after I posted and top scorers for them were 1. Uran 2. Talansky and 3. Bettiol.
They were the only WT team to fail to win a WT event last year.

SWSteve

Guru
Procyclingstats and the official UCI points are different. Maybe you all knew that!
The UCI rankings place Canondale in 8th place with DData at 18th.
Canondale's top scorers were Bettiol, Uran and Talansky in that order.
Cav only scores 80 points despite his win in Dubai(?), 4 TdF wins and 2nd in the World Champs.
I don't understand!!!!

http://www.uci.html.infostradasports.com/asp/xml/index.asp?SportID=102&PhaseID=1444781

That's because the UCI vastly out-weigh coming 15th in a GT compared to winning stages in a GT. It's how DD have been scuppered, when they got the bands, and 5 stages at Le Tour.

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
I had a quick look last night after I posted and top scorers for them were 1. Uran 2. Talansky and 3. Bettiol.
They were the only WT team to fail to win a WT event last year.

Procyclingstats and the official UCI points are different. Maybe you all knew that!
The UCI rankings place Canondale in 8th place with DData at 18th.
Canondale's top scorers were Bettiol, Uran and Talansky in that order.
My old brain did well to remember the 3 riders, it failed to recall the correct order tho!
But think about it - Bettiol ranked 20th in UCI points. Ask anyone* to name their top 20 riders of 2016 and nobody would even consider him in their top 1000.

The UCI points system is a farce. They should introduce flair points**

*apart from his mum

** a new thing for punditry in 2017 for youse all to look forward to :smile:

Top Bottom