Builders

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
Tradesmen ......... never ever trust any of them. None of them ever have any idea of customer service or simple courtesy.

If the chap turns up DON'T let him start any work. Tell him he's lost the job and you've found sme one else. Tell him the new builder is reliable, trustworthy and will do the job for 10% less :smile:.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Downward said:
Well he hasn't I assume but I did go out on the bike for an hour and had my phone.

|I think its fair to say he has had a change of plan and I think you have had a lucky escape

forty-two

Some years ago we had an old bloke start with us (Architects) on a Monday morning, we remarked that he look a bit old and peaky. The next day when he didn't turn up we phoned his wife to aske where he was, it turnd out that he was rather more that peaky.... he had died overnight.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Seems like a reasonable reason for the rest of the week off...

forty-two said:
Some years ago we had an old bloke start with us (Architects) on a Monday morning, we remarked that he look a bit old and peaky. The next day when he didn't turn up we phoned his wife to aske where he was, it turnd out that he was rather more that peaky.... he had died overnight.

Cock and more than likely Bull too!

Downward said:
I have news a call.
Car broke down (Unlikely I smell a lie) but then a more plausible story which I believe.

postman

Legendary Member
Anyone in Leeds or York need work doing i can give you the name of a superb guy.
He was my best man .Great tradesman.

ChrisKH

Guru
Mr Pig said:
He might be dead.

Whch rather reminds me of someone else. I was expecting a visit from a professional man in an audit capacity who worked for one of the top five accountancy firms. He had made an appointment to see me and never turned up. As this was not an urgent matter and I had other things to deal with I let it go. A week later I mentioned this to one of his colleagues who worked in the tax department who was advising on another matter and he informed me that the gentleman concerned had fallen down a set of steps on his way to a client, struck his head and died. xx(

He had underlying health issues (used to fall asleep over the audit files as I recall) but it did make me feel incredibly guilty. And no, he wasn't on his way to see me, fortunately.

Top Bottom