Building leg muscles how long will it take?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
@Cuchilo In one run...as part of a 100+ miler? Chapeau

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
After about 4 years and 6,500 miles of cycling I suddenly noticed I had big triangular muscles in my calves and really well defined quads - in fact the legs of a professional sportsman. Unfortunately cycling has done nothing to rid me of the torso of a 1970s professional darts player, which I retain to this day.

OP
OP
S

Soup890

Crazy
After about 4 years and 6,500 miles of cycling I suddenly noticed I had big triangular muscles in my calves and really well defined quads - in fact the legs of a professional sportsman. Unfortunately cycling has done nothing to rid me of the torso of a 1970s professional darts player, which I retain to this day.
Yes sir but you have done well in my books

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
They did it 9 times as part of the same race lol
"They " didn't have six sash windows to make , spray and fit !

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
You won't build big muscles riding a bike. It is the wrong type of exercise. Unless you are a track sprinter.
Cycling will tone existing muscle and improve your aerobic fitness. I am 6'3" and skinny as a rake. I can cycle reasonably quickly for a guy the wrong side of 40. I need to lose about half a stone to be quick in the hills though.
Some people develop bulkier muscles naturally. *Something* made my leg muscles atrophy but it has only taken about 1,000 miles of cycling for them to start bulking up again. My thighs lost a lot of fat and muscle so they went down from over 24" to about 20", but are already back to 23" even though their fat levels are still falling.

Top Bottom