C2W dilemma

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
"4-6 weeks!!"....reply "Yes from January when the benefit opens"

Hi @david k

Are you signed up to this scheme?

https://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/request/intro

If so, you've got me worried. I can't see anything on the FAQs about when the scheme is 'open' so I just assumed that as soon as I submitted my paperwork I'd be getting a voucher back in a few days. Is this not the case? Does they only take applications at certain points of the year? if so I guess that means I'm going to have to wait til Feb for my new bike too :-(

And here was me anticipating getting my stuff submitted over xmas hols and having a new bike in time for when my commuting starts again in Jan...

vickster

Legendary Member
Normally, your company determines when the scheme opens (certainly was so in my last company). Speak to your HR dept

Speak to your HR dept

Haha! There's only 4 of us here, we don't have any departments! If it's down to the employer not the scheme administrators as I'd taken this to mean then I should be fine as my boss e-mailed me the account log-ins today so I assume she's ready for me to get the voucher cranked as soon as. Christmas giddykippers are back in the game! Phew! Thanks :-)

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah it may be different then if there's no internal administration. Contact the scheme provider if it's not clear from the website

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Hi @david k

Are you signed up to this scheme?

https://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/request/intro

If so, you've got me worried. I can't see anything on the FAQs about when the scheme is 'open' so I just assumed that as soon as I submitted my paperwork I'd be getting a voucher back in a few days. Is this not the case? Does they only take applications at certain points of the year? if so I guess that means I'm going to have to wait til Feb for my new bike too :-(

And here was me anticipating getting my stuff submitted over xmas hols and having a new bike in time for when my commuting starts again in Jan...

hello there EasyPeez,

i think this is only applicable to the benefit system my company use, its a company benefit window, when i got it at my last company it happened straight away

let me know how long yours takes, i was told 4-6 weeks from jan 1st :sad:

let me know how long yours takes, i was told 4-6 weeks from jan 1st

Cheers, I'll keep you posted but as I'm delaying getting my quote and paperwork in so that I can have a look at a few bikes in Sheffield over Christmas I think it'll be the lack of anyone at work here until early Jan that delays mine.

I'm a bit torn tbh as part of me really wants to push on now as I can't see much beating the CAADX 105 I've got my eye on,and the thought of being able to get out for a ride on Christmas morning is a lovely prospect. But at the same time I'm a bit OCD and feel I should see as many bikes in my price range before making a final decision.

Top Bottom