Campaigning against dodgy cycle lane what do I do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CamPhil

Well done :smile:

It goes to show what can be achieved even by one person if they take up an issue and follow it through all the way.

I suspect the vital thing (after your own good work, of course) was the failure to meet current standards - so campaigning to improve those standards is a very worthwhile issue for national organisations, because without good standards being set in the first place, this kind of result would not be possible.

Neat - good job!

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Before and after
006.jpg

001-8.jpg

still not great but a big improvement. I honestly didnt expect a result so was pleasantly surprised.

As has been said it is probably the hard campaigning over many years by CTC et al for better standards in design that brought the result.All I did was point out where it didnt meet those standards.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My inner cynic says, nearing the end of the financial year, use or lose it budget pressures, what's some white paint and a subcontractors labour?

My inner optimist says "Ruddy good result"

My inner realist says "Ruddy good result, the council have upgraded the infrastructure from dreadful to just plain bad"

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
My inner cynic says, nearing the end of the financial year, use or lose it budget pressures, what's some white paint and a subcontractors labour?

My inner optimist says "Ruddy good result"

My inner realist says "Ruddy good result, the council have upgraded the infrastructure from dreadful to just plain bad"

Im not exactly doing cart wheels in celebration greg. Even though I would have been happier just to see the old marks burned off and left off at least it is an improvement and maybe now they know local cyclists are keeping an eye out they will raise their game a bit.

400bhp

Guru
d87francis/banjo - do you have a copy of your original text to the councils please? I'd like to report THIS farce of a cycle lane in Sale. I'm tired of getting motorists tailgating and beeping at me as I take the lane.

Richard Mann

d87francis/banjo - do you have a copy of your original text to the councils please? I'd like to report THIS farce of a cycle lane in Sale. I'm tired of getting motorists tailgating and beeping at me as I take the lane.

The traffic lane shouldn't be more than 3m wide (it looks about 3.5m). Given it's an advisory cycle lane, they could take it down to 2.8m, which would push speeds down to an appropriate level given the busyness of the location.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
The shop looks good though.

Top Bottom