Can you fit a road bike in a Renault Clio (2019)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I currently have a peugeot 208 - I remove the front wheel fold the seats down - and my road bike goes in fairly easy .......

I am consideting a new motor renault clio and want to buy on line - but want to be sure bike will fit - my bike size is small ?

Any experience anyone ?

rivers

How far can I go?
I can fit two bikes in the back of Kia Picanto, so I imagine a Clio will be fine

vickster

Legendary Member
Clio similar size to a 208 surely, you can always check the boot dimensions. May need to take wheel off, or may not, with the wheel up against the front seats. I've got 54cm bikes in a Hyundai I20 no issue with the front wheel off, have also with Mk1 Minis and older Puntos. Small cars aren't actually very small any more!

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Sorry - just to clarify I put my bike in my car quite a lot - So yes I know it will fit - but I wanted to know the ease with which it goes in (oh err missus)

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Sorry - just to clarify I put my bike in my car quite a lot - So yes I know it will fit - but I wanted to know the ease with which it goes in (oh err missus)

So take your bike with you to view one and test it out (clean it first out of courtesy and keep the oily bits uppermost or covered with a rag). I have done this. You don't have to buy the one you test.

Only you know what "ease" means to you. I gladly whip off both wheels and seat post to stack 2 or 3 bike vertically in my boot so other luggage fits in alongside, others may think that's a hassle.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
So take your bike with you to view one and test it out (clean it first out of courtesy and keep the oily bits uppermost or covered with a rag). I have done this. You don't have to buy the one you test.

Only you know what "ease" means to you. I gladly whip off both wheels and seat post to stack 2 or 3 bike vertically in my boot so other luggage fits in alongside, others may think that's a hassle.

Quote from post one

"I want to buy on line"

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Quote from post one

"I want to buy on line"

and???

...that doesn't stop you going to a used car place and looking at one and buying online from elsewhere later.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
and???

...that doesn't stop you going to a used car place and looking at one and buying online from elsewhere later.

sigh........the point of buying on line was so that I didn't have to visit a dealer and listen to all that "I will ask my boss" - "Tell you what I can do" - "can we interest you in gap insurance" bllx

vickster

Legendary Member

Can't imagine it'll be any more difficult or time consuming than with your current car which is the same class (might even be the same floor pan more or less)
...seats down, wheel off if needed, lift bike in, wheel in car...few minutes tops.
Have you checked the boot dimensions on the Renault site?

If doing 10 times a day...get a small van-car like a Berlingo or a Brompton :whistle:

Top Bottom