Can you speak any language/s

Can you speak any language/s other than English :?:

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
I was fluent in Nepalese - pretty rusty now.

Keith Oates

Janner
Apart from English I don't actually speak an other language fluently but I can usually make myself understood in Chinese (Mandarin), Korean and Spanish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
'African'...........

joker...

Nikukuona njiani Yenrod, kwenda kwa baisikeli yako, kweli bwana nitakuchapa!!!!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Spanish very good
French good
Italian, Portuguese, Gallego, Catalan not bad
German could cope ok
A few very odd phrases in Japanese

Cubist

Still wavin'
More or less fluent German(bit rusty now, but it's like riding a bike!) My degree would tend to suggest I can speak Italian, but I am absolutely hopelss at speaking it, and my French is enough to get two families through a holiday every year!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Lived and worked in France 3 years, Spain 6 months so fluent and okay, plus a few words of Arabic picked up from Lebanese customers and a brief dalliance with a Christian Palestinian woman.

peanut

User1314 said:
Essexonian is cockney. All cockney speak comes from Essex.

yes but traditionally to be a Cockney you should be born within the sound of the bells of St Mary-le-Bow bells ie about 4 miles so very little of Essex would be included ;) My ancestors were all longshoremen born, lived and died in Shoreditch and St Olave . I was the first to be born in Bethnal Green and not work in the docks.
the City, Clerkenwell, Finsbury, Shoreditch, Hoxton, Stepney, Bethnal Green, Limehouse, Mile End, Wapping, Whitechapel, Shadwell, Bermondsey, Rotherhithe, Surrey Quays and The Borough

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
My German's OK and I can manage the very basics of Dutch.

As for the rest one has to just fall back on the old skill of speaking English very loudly and slowly at them until they understand.

Radius

SHREDDER
Ich kann auch ein bisschen Deutsch (kann eben buchstabieren!) et aussi de la francais, mais malheureusement je ne la vais pas étudier à l'université (seulement l'Allemand), also mache ich mir Sorgen über meine Franzözischfähigkeiten der Zukunft!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I like to have a go at some greek:
μπορώ να μιλήσω οποιαδήποτε γλώσσα που θέλω

And sometimes french:

Je peux parler n'importe quelle langue i baisant veux

Top Bottom