Can you speak any language/s

Can you speak any language/s other than English :?:

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I should point out that Chinese and Japanese are not actually the same language and in terms of the spoken language are nothing like each other (mind you, as Zim has already mentioned, there's not such thing as 'African' - that's like asking if you speak European).

Anyway - pretty fluent French, reasonable Japanese, and some Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese and Bahasa Indonesia. I can also understand Italian some of the time and even read it, but I can't speak it! I also have a vague recollection of the Norwegian I grew up with until I was 6 or so. But every year I forget a bit more of all of them unless I use them...

PaulB

Legendary Member
Maz said:
Sheffieldish.

T'intintin.

Blue

Legendary Member
Conversational French and Modern Greek - enough to get by on a 2 week holiday without resorting to English.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Francais - "Assez pour m'attrapé des ennuis, mais pas assez pour me les en sortir" = enough to get me into trouble but not enought to get out of it !

Smattering of German, slightly better Spanish;

A bit of Mandarin, Bahasa Malay, Urdu/Hindi - enough to show I care about the languages but couldn't really get around without assistance.

Not bad at Spanish. Can get by in French and know some Italian as well. Also know a few Arabic phrases from time working in Abu Dhabi and the KSA a few years back

Noodley

Thinking back I am astounded how many hours I must have spent at school not taking in anything in French, Russian and Latin yet still getting qualifications in them all :biggrin:

Top Bottom