Can you teach people to have empathy? -

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33287727
... A good warm up is to do a quick assessment of your empathic abilities. Neuropsychologist Simon Baron-Cohen has devised a test called Reading the Mind in the Eyes in which you are shown 36 pairs of eyes and have to choose one of four words that best describes what each person is feeling or thinking - for instance, jealous, arrogant, panicked or hateful.

The average score of around 26 suggests that the majority of people are surprisingly good - though far from perfect - at visually reading others' emotions. ...

quiz - test thing ... https://www.questionwritertracker.com/quiz/61/Z4MK3TKB.html

I got 31 / 36 - I can feel your pain :rolleyes:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I bet you can't

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
[QUOTE 3772688, member: 259"]It's only meant for posh people![/QUOTE]

Ah. I see. That explains everything then

Levo-Lon

Guru
I usually just run as the baseball bat says more than eyes ever can...

my wife says empathy is something she loves about me...im always happy to help a stranger..just dont take the piss...

i didnt see link as my samsung said its a bad un

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Utter cobblers, as one might expect from Baron-Cohen. I did as much of the test as I could be arsed, which simply confirmed the obvious - that it tests not the inherent meaning of the eyes or the empathy of the reader, but one's competence at decoding signs. I'm rather good at it.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you send me a PM, I can tell you where to send your moolah to an Asberger's charity.

BTW, giving you a score after every question is a seriously dodgy tactic. I would say that, wouldn't I?

AndyRM

XOXO
I like the olde schoole use of Flash.

buggi

Bird Saviour
No. You can teach people to read other peoples emotions but you can't teach them empathy. They can still be obnoxious dick even if they know what the other person is thinking. That's not an empathy test.

Top Bottom