cancelled Sky+ subscription

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

soulful dog

Veteran
marinyork said:
So if you get current humax freeview pvr it won't be able to pick up (very near) future HD channels.
Bugger. Won't software updates take care of this? If not, I'll just have to do without the HD channels, because there is no way I'll be shelling out more cash and binning a PVR that's 3 years old :ohmy:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
'Fraid not. It's a hardware issue. And I sympathise very much and think it has the potential to cheese off a lot of people which was why I was responding to this thread.

soulful dog

Veteran
Aw well, cheers for that info. I had read that some of the older Freeview boxes won't work when the digital switchover takes place, and I've just recently encouraged someone to buy a Humax Freeview PVR because of that... I hope they're not bothered about HD. :ohmy:

I guess it's no surprise that plenty of consumers are going to end up losing out, same old story.

Medic6666

get rid of it all ;0)

I had all the channels and found there was nothing I wanted to watch...now I either read a book or watch a BR/DVD. But the best bit is I now go out a lot more on my bike as I dont feel I have to stay at home to watch something because I have paid for it. I am now healthier than I have been in years and have refound my love of books....the only problem now is finding books as i'm reading them pretty quick..Just started on shakespear which will take me a while :ohmy:

Top Bottom