Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aerobrain

Über Member
Hi

Does anyone own or have experience of the current version of this bike?

Specs look great for the price, especially the wheelset! It's the mechanical Ultegra version I'm looking at.

Cheers

Lee

Tolvar

Hi Lee,

I don't own or have experience of this model, I have just purchased a new bike (Cervelo S3) and in doing so spent a fair amount of time doing some research.

From what i understand, the Canyon Ultimate has traded flexibility and comfort in frame design to be able to supply full Ultegra and Mavic Ksyrium wheels to come under the 3k mark. So it really depends on how hard core a rider you are, personally i looked for a balance, the grams saved on better wheels wasn't worth the sacrifice of comfort on those longer rides.

Best advice though is see if you can have a test ride, the spec and price point is certainly attractive!

Hope that is of some help.

Richard.

OP
OP
aerobrain

aerobrain

Über Member
Cheers Richard

How are you getting on with the Cervelo? They do seem quite good.

My other main options so far are Boardman SLR 9.8 with either SRAM Force 22 or Ultegra build or a Focus Team Izalco SL 4, but that looks a touch too aggressive.

Kevin Airey

Best thing I ever did was buy my Canyon, so much so I wouldn't mind selling my Di2 Orbea and getting another.

The CF SL and SLX models are better geometry than the Aeroad but that's just me, these things are very personal. There is also the new more comfort orientated Endurance model....

Canyon do not trade off anything to give you a better wheelset, you are buying direct and saving distributor markups. Now they sponsor Movistar as well as Katusha they are becoming very high profile bikes, so costs in the future may rise....

fuel

Regular
I've had my Ultmate CF SLX 7 for around a month now, done nearly a 1000 miles on it including one 135 mile ride last weekend! Don't find it uncomfortable at all i did upgrade the seat post to the VCLS 2.0. No, problems so far. Its fast, light and handles really well.

Top Bottom