Carrera Crixus stolen - Can't teach a 14 yr old other than by experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
It's this sort of incident that makes me think about a bike sting.

Leave a cheap bike with a cheap lock somewhere, but the wheels and brakes are accidently loose, because of course I'm intending to take it to be fixed.

Except of course I wouldn't do that as I'd feel too guilty in case someone innocent got hurt.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd do it!

Drago

Legendary Member
Pretty sure most bike thieves don't have a van in their pocket. Some will, but not most light fingers.
Its a chance I'd be willing to take with a sabotaged bike .

mikeIow

Guru
I was in Leicester once on my ancient old bike, looking at cars.
Leaned it up against a fence, wandered about briefly, then had a policeman come up to me and say "was that your bike there?", pointing to where I'd left it.
I said "yes", looked, and it was gone :eek:
He said "don't worry, we were driving on the ring road & saw a bloke looking suspicious, we have him round the corner" :blink:
A two minute walk to the old Campbell Street Police Station, quick statement & I was on my way home. On my bike!

THAT is efficient policing :notworthy:

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I was in Leicester once on my ancient old bike, looking at cars.
Leaned it up against a fence, wandered about briefly, then had a policeman come up to me and say "was that your bike there?", pointing to where I'd left it.
I said "yes", looked, and it was gone :eek:
He said "don't worry, we were driving on the ring road & saw a bloke looking suspicious, we have him round the corner" :blink:
A two minute walk to the old Campbell Street Police Station, quick statement & I was on my way home. On my bike!

THAT is efficient policing :notworthy:
Well worth resurrecting this for that story, if only there'd been a watchful officer about when my son left his bike by the duck pond !

He still talks about it today and it has been a lesson to him to lock his bike, which he appears to have heeded.

Johnno260

Veteran

Leave a cheap bike with a cheap lock somewhere, but the wheels and brakes are accidently loose, because of course I'm intending to take it to be fixed.

Except of course I wouldn't do that as I'd feel too guilty in case someone innocent got hurt.

If someone takes it they’re a thief and not innocent, lesson learnt on the thief’s part perhaps.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member

Done quite elegantly here.

View: https://youtu.be/p-OwjoP96Rc

And here.

View: https://youtu.be/xHvPf_xdXEQ

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The fact that he had a cable lock on the bike and could not be bothered to use it means you should take him outside and give him "A damn good thrashing"^_^

D

Deleted member 26715

The fact that he had a cable lock on the bike and could not be bothered to use it means you should take him outside and give him "A damn good thrashing"^_^
Yes because we all know a father beating up his son will teach him a lesson he won't forget

Top Bottom