Cav hanging up his wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Given that the final day is an individual time trial, and in Nice rather than Paris, Cav winning on the Champs Elysees seems improbable.
Rats, forgotten they'd changed next year. :sad:

Mike_P

Guru
Given the last stage is a time trial and the one before that is known to be mountainous odds must on nearly all sprinters not finishing the tour.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Given the last stage is a time trial and the one before that is known to be mountainous odds must on nearly all sprinters not finishing the tour.
Except for the ones targeting the green jersey!

Adam4868

Guru
Signed Morkov as his lead out man as well.....just give him the record now !
Two 38 year olds....I'm feeling a final year at Israel coming on 🤣

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I'm really looking forward to the route being announced later this month to
1, see where the sprint stages will be,
2, start to plan where I can go and watch the tour.
I am really hoping that Cav can get the record, but I will be a little sad because Eddy was my sporting hero as a teenager.

I'm really looking forward to the route being announced later this month to
1, see where the sprint stages will be,
2, start to plan where I can go and watch the tour.
I am really hoping that Cav can get the record, but I will be a little sad because Eddy was my sporting hero as a teenager.

I don't think you need to be sad, Eddy's cycling record blows Cav's out of the water (as much as I like Cav!)

DogmaStu

Methinks there are going to be a lot of disappointed people sad to say. But hope to be proved wrong.

I agree and also hope to be wrong. I just feel he is really pushing his luck at his age given there are some very fast youngsters emerging who will be very hungry for those wins.

Cav wants to break a record that while a grand feat, still cannot really be compared with the scale of Eddie's victories in the Tour.

There is a danger Cav will end up bowing out as the desperate ageing Champion clinging on - much like Froome - rather than a rider going out on a high.

Top Bottom