CC Anniversary Ride, Richmond Park/Brighton to Box Hill, 28 Nov 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oooo - tricky! When I went to Brighton with the CTC ride to Preston Park, I thought I had sorted out a nice route back - until it started thrashing down with rain. I'm keen to do it again (if only to see where I cycled!) and it arrived opposite the Boxhill area - Chapel Rd at Westhumble - a nasty little hill! Maybe you need to catch the morning train down to Brighton, Crock, and lead out from there...;)

2niy4c7.jpg

redjedi

Über Member
Well I can't miss this one, seeing as it's the 1st anniversary.

1. Balance on a bike after two (or more!) pints of beer.

As long as we stop before we get to five, I should be alright ;)

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Oooooooooo!! So it will be a Fnrttc straight into an ARLHC straight in a PHISUP then straight into a hedge....

Yup, am up for it...

I mean, how hard can it be to tackle box hill and richmond parks hills after cycling for apx. 14hrs before hand...

Mmmmmm, beer and posh totty!

Davywalnuts said:
Oooooooooo!! So it will be a Fnrttc straight into an ARLHC straight in a PHISUP then straight into a hedge....

Yup, am up for it...

I mean, how hard can it be to tackle box hill and richmond parks hills after cycling for apx. 14hrs before hand...

Mmmmmm, beer and posh totty!

Are you thinking of tackling 'Brokespoke Mountain' Davy..?:angry:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
28th sounds more fun and a much better challenge! Were all men, not boys, we can handle this!

mike e

Yeah, a vote from up here to leave the date as is. This can get really messy, lots of miles, sleep deprivation and beers as well. It's going to be worth it just to see Davy tow his wicker fridge trailer up "brokespoke mountain"...:angry:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
mike e said:
Yeah, a vote from up here to leave the date as is. This can get really messy, lots of miles, sleep deprivation and beers as well. It's going to be worth it just to see Davy tow his wicker fridge trailer up "brokespoke mountain"...:smile:

F***ers! :angry:

ChrisKH

Guru
Davywalnuts said:
28th sounds more fun and a much better challenge! Were all men, not boys, we can handle this!

Cue excuse e-mail dated 27th November as DWN has a party to go to with free food, beer and wimmin......... :angry:

ChrisKH said:
Cue excuse e-mail dated 27th November as DWN has a party to go to with free food, beer and wimmin......... :angry:

No. I'm going for £5 E.W. on 'unexplained sugar rush causing lactic acid build up' this time.

After the bookies had repaid the stake money on Saturday, Davy came galloping around the course - albeit the wrong way.
Still, you can't put a good horse down Chris. welcome back btw!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
ChrisKH said:
Cue excuse e-mail dated 27th November as DWN has a party to go to with free food, beer and wimmin......... ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Well.... it would be the end of the month whats traditonal to go out and get it on large.... but pay day isnt until the 30th.... unless there is a party with free food free beer and free women.....:biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
So let me get this right, we do the night ride Friday then shlep back to London, then ride back out towards Brighton to Boxhill.

I liked Teef's idea that we start from Brighton and ride back to London via Boxhill. Alternatively we have a two start ride, London and Brighton, meet up at Boxhill and then all return to London for drinking session:biggrin:

CoG, does that seem feasible or is it all getting a bit complicated?

Top Bottom