CC Ecosse Arthur’s Seat Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Err... is "up Arthurs Seat" a euphemism I'm not aware of?

Now who has a dirty mind :whistle: :biggrin:

MajorMantra

I'm working the day of the official challenge, but I might do this one day just for the craic. I don't think I've ever done more than 3 consecutive laps which is about how long it takes for me start wondering why the hell I'm doing this to myself. :rolleyes:

Maybe we should also have a fixed gear challenge. :evil:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
NOT the 22nd, that's the same day as the Glasgow Skyride. (which none of you are doing - shame on you!! :tongue: ).

....Ok, what time is it starting at?? if it was later on in the day then I'd be able to come over. :biggrin:

do u have to regester for this or can u just turn up . i did see a link and it said regestration closed

I'm sure on their tv advert they said they prefer you to register but if on the day you feel like it, come along :smile:

Oops wrong thead, thats what they said on the sky ride website :blush:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
So are the forrum members here just going along to the event instead of meeting to do their own CCC run instead??

I might be able to get across but it would be some time in the afternoon.

If anyone is about, just look out for me from the description given in the Glasgow Skyride thread, or if you remember me ffrom the Park Bistro, then all the better!

I might not go though, I'll have to wait and see how iit alll goess.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
NOT the 22nd, that's the same day as the Glasgow Skyride. (which none of you are doing - shame on you!! :tongue: ).

....Ok, what time is it starting at?? if it was later on in the day then I'd be able to come over. :biggrin:

We are doing our own version, can be done any time. Choice of two challenges: either the fastest single circuit or the greatest number of laps in 90 minutes. Circuit starts and finishes at the Holyrood Park Road/Queens Drive roundabout, see here for the route details.

The first time I tried it (11/11/2007) I managed one circuit in 00:15:02 now I am sure there are plenty of people who could beat that... :whistle:

Top Bottom