CC Ecosse - CC Jersey Signing Sunday 1st Aug

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scook94

Veteran
I was a wee bit late I was there at 12:50; didn't see a bike and assumed you were all gone. I was en route back from this ride and thought I'd pop in :smile:

Think it was about half 1 we left, we took the bikes round to the loch side of the cafe and were sat outside overlooking the loch!

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Good to see you again TechMech & scook!
I appear to be "in possession" of the Northern Relay Jersey now, attempted to take a handover photo, but the guys were too scared to be touch it again, in case they were left with it :rolleyes: .

So who wants it next?
There are a few Edinburghers (old and new) who didn't get a chance when it first arrived here a year ago, + the Winchburgh & western contingent ... any offers? It didn't make any progress north of Perth, so we'll try and send it west ...

In case you haven't heard about the jersey relays, there are a couple of threads in the Cafe ("pinned" at the top of the 1st page, one for the official relay progress & another for discussing practical things, such as where to meet for the next handover). The deal is: You sign it and carry it (by bike!) to the next handover!

Loch Leven's Larder is a great place for CC Ecosse meetings, plenty of space if you arrive early, no need to reserve tables, and lovely food!

The return journey was "interesting", HJ and I thought we'd skirted past the worst of the "isolated showers" near Kinross, but another one caught up with us, and stayed with us until Crossgates, with flooded roads (there's even a weather warning for the area on the met office website now :ohmy: ). On leaving Crossgates, it was like somebody had turned a tap off, and the roads were completely dry until Inverkeithing. We managed to create sizeable puddles when wringing out our socks, but the jersey stayed dry, safely tucked away, phew!

Did you guys manage to stay dry-ish?

T

Sorry to miss you HLaB! There were lots of bikes at the loch-facing side of the cafe ...

scook94

Veteran
{snip}

T

Sorry to miss you HLaB! There were lots of bikes at the loch-facing side of the cafe ...

I got all the way to the Stirling bypass before the heavens opened, only a couple of miles to home but a very wet couple of miles! Was worth it though as it was a "grand day out".

OP
OP
T

TechMech

T

Half way back to Glenfarg before it started lashing it down and lasted all the way to Glenfarg and just beyond. It was a shame as I was planning a super fast descent of the Glenfarg hill on the way back, but the road was too wet to be safe so just pootled down at around 25mph.

It was good to see you guys again
cool.gif

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I got all the way to the Stirling bypass before the heavens opened, only a couple of miles to home but a very wet couple of miles! Was worth it though as it was a "grand day out".

We looked west a few times, it seemed a lot brighter that way - lucky you!

T

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Half way back to Glenfarg before it started lashing it down and lasted all the way to Glenfarg and just beyond. It was a shame as I was planning a super fast descent of the Glenfarg hill on the way back, but the road was too wet to be safe so just pootled down at around 25mph.

It was good to see you guys again
cool.gif

Give me an uphill any day, especially if it's wet, I am not keen on fast downhills at the best of times :blush: . Glad you managed to get home safely, 25 mph is still pretty fast for a downhill in those conditions, in my book! I suppose that's where disk brakes would help ...?

T

Give me an uphill any day, especially if it's wet, I am not keen on fast downhills at the best of times :blush: . Glad you managed to get home safely, 25 mph is still pretty fast for a downhill in those conditions, in my book! I suppose that's where disk brakes would help ...?

T
If he's talking about the main road from Perth to Glenfarg, I had that up hill but it was only really wet at the Perth end when I went by :smile:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Oh, by the way, after the signing the relay jersey found it's way back to Edinburgh, just in case anyone wants to know where it is...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Oh, by the way, after the signing the relay jersey found it's way back to Edinburgh, just in case anyone wants to know where it is...

... in your pannier again :rolleyes: ?

Now, how to get it out West or up to Forfar/Kirrie ? (once all locals have signed it :thumbsup:)

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
... in your pannier again :rolleyes: ?

Now, how to get it out West or up to Forfar/Kirrie ? (once all locals have signed it :thumbsup:)

Some of our audaxers could volunteer to meet half way, and then carry on to meet Snorri in the far north :hello: Noodley & Eck spring to mind as the "missing links";) and what about SB!

On the other hand, it could easily make its way west first, then come back through the middle (Stirling) before going north? PfC would provide a good chance to get rid of it :whistle:

There are so many Ecossers who haven't signed it yet ...

I'll put a progress report on the official thread ...

T

Top Bottom