Forum ride: 100 km loop from Crediton via Otterton, Exmouth, and Exeter. [DATE CHANGE] Saturday, Aug 19th, 2023

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
@Fab Foodie - I hope that the progress continues rapidly!

It was always going to be marginal. I slipped out of time during the hilly final 50k. Knackered today and looking 20yrs older.
But thank-you for asking.
That's a shame, but you still did more than 10 times what most people ever do at any age, and more than double what I have ever done in a single ride! :notworthy:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Just to confirm the new date (and bump the thread to gain a few more views!) - Saturday, 19th August, 2023.

I'll edit the thread title to reflect that.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I hope that the untrapping process succeeds, but that sounds like something that might strike again even after that? :sad:

Doc's referred me to the spinal clinic, so we'll see.
It may be fixable if it's say a disc, but if it's wear and tear there's not much they can do. I've no patellar reflex in either leg either.
For the foreseeable, gentle pootles on the Brompton (or the other shoppers) only.
My leg's also losing strength, so that's not good either. If I was a horse they'd shoot me!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Sorry chaps, I completely forgot to update this...

There was a change of plan - a family day had been organised... But then my sister came down with a nasty lurgy and didn't feel inclined to get up this morning!

It was a bit late to resurrect this ride so I did a solo metric century instead. I had ridden to Otterton on Wednesday so instead I did an extended version of the Starcross route tackled earlier this year.

If we get a very mild, dry autumn then maybe we can do the Otterton metric century ride on my next visit, likely to be late October/early November. If not, next year?

Top Bottom