Scotland : Glasgow & Clyde Valley CC Ecosse ride (West) - Saturday Oct 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Col5632

Guru
True - especially as everyone looks a bit .... well ...

... lost :giggle:

I don't think any of us were expecting the photo :laugh: Think we were gathering our breath after the climb, seamab isnt even in the photo :blink:

GBC

Veteran
As everyone else has already said, it was a really great day out and I for one certainly enjoyed it. There was a hint of some topographical misunderestimates but they totally failed to undermine the fine weather, a cracking route, and great company.
My puncture episode has already been mentioned and what can I say but "Kenda are Keich!!!" The front tyre punctured ruinously a couple of months after I got the bike, and the back one, which failed on Saturday, didn't have much more than 5/600 miles on it. I have to say in hindsight though, that if I'd heeded Seamabs sage advice and let some air out when the bulges were first discovered, I may possibly have got away with it.
I was quite prepared to cut up the damaged inner tube to patch the tyre Scoosh, but we didn't have so much as a sharp word between us to cut it, so I put a Scab over it on the inside, which was enough to hold it until we got back.
On a happier note, I contacted Messrs. Wiggle that night, purveyors of bicyclists requisites, and instructed them to send me, by fast coach, a replacement. Lo and behold, it arrived this morning, along with the customary little bag of bonbons.
'Looking forward to the next one.
Cheers to all:thumbsup:
George

Col5632

Guru
Too rude for a family forum...^_^

I thought it was rude but only caught some of it :laugh: Message me :whistle:

Fubar

Guru
I thought it was rude but only caught some of it :laugh: Message me :whistle:

Believe it or not I only know how to post on your profile (visible to everyone?) not how to message - never done it! :wacko: To be honest in context it was funny at the time because of how quick he was and I didn't expect him to say it but it probably doesn't translate very well after the event - suffice to say he suggested that Seamab was going to the newsagents to stock up on more than water and that's why he was adamant he didn't want any water off Garry... :biggrin:

Well, I thought it was funny.

GBC

Veteran
Believe it or not I only know how to post on your profile (visible to everyone?) not how to message - never done it! :wacko: To be honest in context it was funny at the time because of how quick he was and I didn't expect him to say it but it probably doesn't translate very well after the event - suffice to say he suggested that Seamab was going to the newsagents to stock up on more than water and that's why he was adamant he didn't want any water off Garry... :biggrin:

Well, I thought it was funny.

It was an unworthy thought of which I am ashamed:blush:

Top Bottom